IE BSOD

• WTF

• I hope you're not serious.

Did you press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart your computer or did you press (the) any key to continue?

• It looks like a fake to me. The left border overlaps the title bar, and some characters in the title are stretched.

• I made one of those in 1999.  It was fun for a while.   

• Several months ago, I turned my computer on and it would not boot.  Instead, I was greeted with this message:

NTLDR is missing.

Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart

It turned out that somehow a setting in the BIOS had changed and my computer was trying to boot from my second hard drive, which of course, is not bootable. 

But TRWTF is the error message.  If my computer cannot boot because ntldr is missing, what is the point of rebooting the computer?

• @El_Heffe said:

But TRWTF is the error message.  If my computer cannot boot because ntldr is missing, what is the point of rebooting the computer?

Clearly, Microsoft wants you to reboot the computer with a Linux CD in the CD drive and switch to Linux.  No wait, why would Microsoft want that? That would be stupid.

• @El_Heffe said:

Several months ago, I turned my computer on and it would not boot.  Instead, I was greeted with this message:

NTLDR is missing.

It turned out that somehow a setting in the BIOS had changed and my computer was trying to boot from my second hard drive, which of course, is not bootable. 

So that you may try booting from another drive, or for drives with removable media like floppy discs and CD's, you could change the disc.

• [quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

So that you may try booting from another drive, or for drives with removable media like floppy discs and CD's, you could change the disc.

[/quote]

Yeah, whatever happened to...

Non-system disk or disk error
    Replace and strike any key when ready.

•  @aquanight said:

[quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

[/quote]

Mine says "Missing Operating System"

• @El_Heffe said:

Several months ago, I turned my computer on and it would not boot.  Instead, I was greeted with this message:

NTLDR is missing.

Ever tried to boot up good ole DOS without COMMAND.COM in the \ directory? It would give some interesting results like telling you that there was no COMMAND.COM available. However, it did let you "find" a working copy of command.com in your floppy disk/harddrive with a minimalistic prompt. At least that made sense...

Anyway, I'd love to use one of those "message on boot" programs:

Roses are #FF0000

Violets are #0000FF

In Soviet Russia

Superblock overwrites you!

Missing Operating System.

Press the ANY key to continue!!!

• Anyway, I'd love to use one of those "message on boot" programs:

Roses are #FF0000

Violets are #0000FF

In Soviet Russia

LOL.  I have no idea what the USSR and superblocks have in common, but that somehow made it more funny!  Da!

• I've seen BSOD's like that before (usually comedy ones) used to block IE6 (and quite rightly too!)

Maybe its a IE7 block message?

•  Why not this one:

> http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

• @aquanight said:

[quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

[/quote]

Pfft, young'uns.

NO ROM BASIC
    SYSTEM HALTED

• @Quietust said:

Pfft, young'uns.

NO ROM BASIC
    SYSTEM HALTED

Oh my god. I haven't seen that since 1993. I can't remember what exactly caused it, either; I do remember that only the IBM PC's had ROM BASIC. Which looked a lot like GW-BASIC, only uglier.

• @FraGag said:

It looks like a fake to me.

No shit, sherlock?  You really don't need to go looking for tiny clues, the whole idea of getting a BSoD in a window and screen-snapping it is completely nosensical.  No windows or title bars or anything in text-mode, remember? 

I think I've seen this one before, it was a website that just looks like a BSoD.  Uses script and stuff to disable menus, address bar, but it's just text in a browser window.  Couldn't find it again just now, though.

You could probably do it 'for real' (-ish) by tampering with the 404 error page in the IE resources file. 

Also, if you google the segment:offset address, you'll see that this appears to be a common fake BSoD:

Google Search for 0028:c00068f8 in vxd vmm(01) + 000059f8

•                                                                                 

Community Server                                    

A fatal TagException AA has occured at 0MGZ:1337D00D in WtF DPB(00) +          
     ENJOYMUG. The current member will cancel his subscription.                      

* Press any key to include the corresponding symbol in your reply.             
     * Press Alt-F4 to close your browser. You will lose any                        
     unposted replies in all tabs.                                                  

Plz send teh codes.                                                            

P.S. I tried not to break CS. Honest.

• I wanna press a button there

• @danixdefcon5 said:

@El_Heffe said:

NTLDR is missing.

Ever tried to boot up good ole DOS without COMMAND.COM in the \ directory? It would give some interesting results like telling you that there was no COMMAND.COM available. However, it did let you "find" a working copy of command.com in your floppy disk/harddrive with a minimalistic prompt. At least that made sense...

Anyway, I'd love to use one of those "message on boot" programs:

Roses are #FF0000

Violets are #0000FF

In Soviet Russia

Burma Shave.

• @cdietrich said:

LOL.  I have no idea what the USSR and superblocks have in common, but that somehow made it more funny!  Da!

could be a refernce to the cold war "blocks" that controlled spheres of influence.