Integrity constraint violation

• While trying to register at a website for support, I got the following error message from their web application:

Please contact a XXXXXX Networks Support Representative using the support numbers.

Integrity constraint violation.

ORA-00001: unique constraint (SA.SITE_ID_INDEX) violated ORA-06512: at line 7 .

Ok, so things don't always work as advertised, but it seems that they have some issues elsewhere, too. I received an automated reply message thanking me for my submission, and it began like this...

Greetings (My name correctly inserted):

Thank you for contacting XXXXXX.

Greetings [Sender Title, first, and last name]:

Thank you for contacting XXXXXX.

...?!

•  Was it at least some large company? The kind that really needs an Oracle database? Or was it one of those companies that'd be perfectly happy with a lighter database (MySQL for example) but paid through the nose for Oracle because "that's what the professionals do"? 

•  Yes, I'm pretty sure they have a valid excuse for using Oracle. It's a big canadian telecoms company...I'm sure you know it.

• @Count said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have a valid excuse for using Oracle. It's a big canadian telecoms company...I'm sure you know it.

A Canadian telecoms company, eh? Do they need anyone for a cable conversion, because I know just the man. He's got years in data processing data data processing...

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.