I Changed My Mind

• ♿ (Parody)

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">No, I don't want to remove the icon. Is this one of those situations where I can pick anything I want, as long as it's OK?</FONT>

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">Found when moving an Outlook 97 (yeah, tell me about it) to Recycle Bin.</FONT>

• Aahh..the lovely windows UI messages!!

• It's funny how things like that typically don't get caught until it's too late. Big WTF for Microsoft.

• At my last company, one of the programmers wrote a Lotus Notes application that you can use to report all of your financial transactions for the quarter, which our company was required to do for all employees.

When you filled it in and clicked the "Submit" button, a kind of scary warning popped up, telling you that by proceeding, you are indicating that you are aware of the criminal implications of submitting a false securities report and aware of all penalities and agreeing to all kinds of legal stuff ...

And, of course, at that point, only one button is available to click -- the  "OK" button! 

• This is actually an important message, but only because outlook doesn't follow microsoft's own standards.

To configure profiles and settings for outlook, right click on the icon on the desktop and go to properties.  This gives you the interface.

Now right-click on the outlook icon on your start menu and go to properties.  SUPRISE! It's a shortcut to the icon on your desktop!

Even though nothing is supposed to install icons on the desktop by default these days (the user decides what goes there), outlook still does this wierd thing.

The 'right way' (and I use the term loosely) to get rid of the icon is to go to Add/remove programs-> Edit/Remove Office-> uncheck outlook-> hit next or finish or whatever -> and let the office installer remove outlook along with the icon on the desktop.

Makes perfect sense now, riiiight?

• Although a cancel button would be nice.

• If I recal correctly hitting "Escape" or pressing the x will call the
    MFC onCancel function thus canceling the removal, but that still
    doesn't justify not having a Cancel button

• @Jeff S said:

At my last company, one of the programmers wrote a Lotus Notes application

No offense, but was there any need to continue that sentence father than I did?  It's already TRWTF.

1. Why are you responding to threads from 2004?

2) Why did CS show this in my RSS feed as if it was a brand-new thread?