You should not believe what we say

• Several years ago I was in the city hall of Paris, trying to cope with the infamous French bureaucracy.
    I was asking for a certificate from the lady at the desk.
    - To obtain the certificate, first you must provide us all these documents.
    - But I visited the website of the municipality of Paris, and it says that I don’t need to do that.
    - Monsieur, you should not believe in everything you find on the Internet!
    It killed me.

• Really? Beacuse I read this thing about a desktop search app which could search in record time because of it's flat file approach...

• @Triscopic said:

Really? [b]Beacuse[/b] I read this thing about a desktop search app which could search in record time because of [b]it's[/b] flat file approach...

Didn't have spelling or grammar check, though ! (Sorry - couldn't resist, no flame intended).

• Why did she say everything else in English except the word "monsieur"?

•  Governments at all levels across the globe have squarely devoted themselves to stunting the progress afforded by the internet.

•  @bstorer said:

Why did she say everything else in English except the word "monsieur"?

Well, in fact she spoke French:

"Ah Monsieur, mais il ne faut pas croire à tous ce que l'on trouve sur Internet!"

I've left the Monsieur word to add a bit of colour ;-) 

• @D0R said:

Oh, like when German characters in WWII films speak English with a bizarre cross between a German and British accent?

• No. I got to the end of that post then my boss came and sat next to me so, no, no time for the spelling or grammar checks...

• @Arenzael said:

Governments at all levels across the globe have squarely devoted themselves to stunting the progress afforded by the internet.

Hi, welcome to Earth!  This is what all governments do with any advancement!

• @D0R said:

Several years ago I was in the city hall of Paris, trying to cope with the infamous French bureaucracy.

I was asking for a certificate from the lady at the desk.

• To obtain the certificate, first you must provide us all these documents.
    • But I visited the website of the municipality of Paris, and it says that I don’t need to do that.
    • Monsieur, you should not believe in everything you find on the Internet!

It killed me.

The proper response:
    - Why is your website full of lies? I demand to speak to the person responsible!
    Or something like that.

• @Random832 said:

The proper response:
    - Why is your website full of lies? I demand to speak to the person responsible!
    Or something like that.

Yeah, you try this in a French administration. At best, the employee will roll her eyes and tell you to please stop wasting her time. At worst, security will be called and you will be thrown out on your arse.

•  @bstorer said:

Oh, like when German characters in WWII films speak English with a bizarre cross between a German and British accent?

Yes, and like all latinos always say "Señor" in their sentences, even when they're speaking English.

-dZ.

• @bstorer said:

@D0R said:

Or like Italians that always say "Mamma mia" with a Sicilian accent. 

• @DZ-Jay said:

@bstorer said:

Yes, and like all latinos always say "Señor" in their sentences, even when they're speaking English.

Unless they're in a gang, in which case they say "ese" instead.