Delayed gratification

• @OzPeter said:

summed up your post for all the other people reading this thread

See, that is what you fail to comprehend. Everyone can see what I am saying... you really don't know what you are talking about it. You are the only who cannot see it.

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

blah blah repetitive blah blah egotistical blah blah can't help myself blah blah

Yep .. the view is the same from here

• I still say the real wtf is the diapers comment... 

• @OzPeter said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:
    blah blah repetitive blah blah egotistical blah blah can't help myself blah blah

Yep .. the view is the same from here

So, you're basically a big flaming troll who gets mad when people tell him how to use his computer correctly?  Seeing as you are a foaming-at-the-mouth retard it's amazing Peter Norton is still alive.  Then again, maybe you're as bad at murder as you are at programming. 

• @morbiuswilters said:

blah blah nothing for me to do on Saturday night blah blah personal abuse blah blah inane analogy blah blah

Are you Master P aren't related?

• @OzPeter said:

Hey morbius, look, it is another 4chan troll!

• @OzPeter said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    blah blah nothing for me to do on Saturday night blah blah personal abuse blah blah inane analogy blah blah

Do you English language not making sense?

• Okay, I've had just about enough of this.

MasterPlanSoftware, you fail. The OP indicated that Windows Error Reporting was functioning in unexpected ways. You mildly insultingly told him that it was functioning as designed. But as has been said once in the thread before, the design itself is WTF. Waiting for an undeterminable amount of time before popping up a dialog is detrimental to the user experience. For most people, it interferes with their goal of doing whatever it is they do (TPS reports?) and thus is an annoyance, the lack of context exacerbating the annoyance. True, there isn't exactly a better way to do it. Popping up dialogs immediately can rapidly degenerate into the user fighting to regain control of the system, wading through a sea of windows trying to get back to the safety of the Desktop. Sending reports automatically causes all the privacy nutjobs to crawl out of the woodwork. The Customer Experience Improvement Program method of one-agree-fits-all... hmm, it seems we do have a solution after all. Nevertheless, the WER dialog appeared out of nowhere, causing a developer to scramble to see what was going on, only to discover that it was about something that was so long ago even he'd forgotten for a few minutes. The lack of context and misprioritization of important information is a genuine WTF. I mean, would you like for me to call you up and say "The house you moved out of three years ago because it burned down, burned down three years ago," at 1AM sometime next week I'm not saying when? No? Good.

You also fail as an emissary of this forum. Yeah, OzPeter went postal and this degenerated into a troll war. He's at fault for it. You're at fault too. I mean, I kinda get the confusion -- both "Report as abuse" and "Reply" begin with "Rep" -- but seriously...

OzPeter, you fail as well. Yeah, WER works in mysterious ways. Yeah, it was surprising. I believe it is a WTF. Most other people on this forum do not. Accept it. Ignore MPS demeaning you for your developmestuction environment, as you deserve it, but now you know to have a seperate test environment from your client's production environment.  I mean, I kinda get the confusion -- both "Report as abuse" and "Reply" begin with "Rep" -- but seriously...

Now can we, as a forum, please move on?

• @TwelveBaud said:

The lack of context and misprioritization of important information is a genuine WTF.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. You don't understand the facts here. It is a Windows service. Not a GUI application.

It performed as expected just like I said. You may not understand that but other people do.

TRWTF is the horrible coding that relied on MS to report the error to MS in the first place. The OP fails basic exception handling.

Also, as for the length of time, you will just have to take a troll's word for it, because he wont be providing any proof.

@TwelveBaud said:

You also fail as an emissary of this forum

Being that I am not trying to be an emissary or anything else, it would be hard to fail.

@TwelveBaud said:

You're at fault too.

Um no. I will call bullshit on an OP anytime. If he cannot handle that, it is really not my problem.

@TwelveBaud said:

I mean, I kinda get the confusion -- both "Report as abuse" and "Reply" begin with "Rep" -- but seriously...

Did you really think this was funny enough (or at all) to post twice? 

Hint: It wasn't even funny the first time.

@TwelveBaud said:

Now can we, as a forum, please move on?

WTF is this 'we'? Are you French? Or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

You just came to this forum, and you think that you are suddenly going to promote peace on a thread that degenerated into the OP acting like he is 5 and sticking his fingers in his ears and screaming "LALALALALALALAL I can't hear you!". Especially when your chosen method is to argue that WER performed in anything but the correct way?