Indiana Jones and the course of the countdown banner

• Today I've found in our main page a banner for the wold launch of Indiana Jones IV.

WTF #1: It's a countdown, but nobody around here has seen it before today, which is the 0:00:00:00 day.

WTF #2: The countdown is totally screwed, showing negative values for the day, the hour, the minute and the second, and doesn't even match 00:00 in our timezone.

The banner is in Spanish but I'm sure you can figure out. 

Indiana Jones countdown banner

•  the true WTF is that the image isn't working

• @PoweRoy said:

the true WTF is that the image isn't working

It's either a forum-using-nonstandard-HTML WTF or an IE WTF, I can't remember which. Anyway, try using something other than IE.

•  it is working now (still using firefox)

• The Real WTF is somebody using tags as they were intended.

• WTF #3: The translated title is "Calavera de cristal" but the actual crystal skull artifacts that inspired the movie are called (according to wikipedia) "Cráneo de cristal" in spanish

• @Random832 said:

the movie are called (according to wikipedia) "Cráneo de cristal" in spanish

Probably because "cráneo" would be an actual skull (the word is used in medical text) whereas "calavera" is a representation of a skull. So, in the context of a "crystal skull", calavera is the correct word to use. Therefore, the translation is not a WTF.