Lexware XML



  •  Hi,

     

    I was looking into a config directory of a Lexware program. They use Quickbooks internally. In this config directory I found an xml file.

    [URL=http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lexwarexmldb8.png][IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4268/lexwarexmldb8.th.png[/IMG][/URL] 

    It contains one line of gobbledygook but still is called fairuse.xml

    So I guess not only MS ist not following standards... 



  • Not an enormous WTF I guess, but still pretty strange.  Besides the lack of XML, what the fuck is up with the contents, which just seem like they repeat every line?

    @hallo.amt said:

    ist not following standards... 

     

    Bit of German creeping in?



  • @burntfuse said:

    @hallo.amt said:

    ist not following standards... 

     

    Bit of German creeping in?

     

    I guess so 🙂

    The contents get a little mor randomized later on but still no xml to be seen. 



  • You sure it isn't valid XML? Maybe it's possible due to a leak in the specification.

    @hallo.amt said:

    @burntfuse said:

    @hallo.amt said:

    ist not following standards... 

     

    Bit of German creeping in?

     

    I guess so 🙂

    Happens to me all the time... but most of the times I'm quick enough to correct it 🙂



  • @derula said:

    You sure it isn't valid XML? Maybe it's possible due to a leak in the specification
     

    Probably a CDATA block where the cdata tags themselves were eliminated for being redundant. i.e. the whole xml dtd is "stuff the old binary into a cdata tag, and boom, you're xml-ified!" 


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.