TDWTF Forums Discussions WTF



  • I see far too many discussions on this forum that goes something like this:

    Person A: I think X

    Person B: You are a total moron, it is obvious that Y is the way to go. STFU N000b@!!!!!!

    A: I think X is better under the stated conditions because <perfectly legitimate reason>, and I agree that Y is better under the conditions that you assumed.

    B: Ha! Y is totally better, you don't have anything to do in software engineering, anyone who doesn't think like me is a total looser.

    A: I was only trying to say that X is better under that condition above

    B: Oh, now I see. That might be true, but you still formulated you scentence a little unclear, so I can still blame you for being stupid and claim that Y is better!!! X totally suck, n00b.

    A: This is ridicilous

    B: Nu-hu it's not. You said it that way, and besides I'm way better than you, besides you said <totally unrelated thing> in <totally unrelated thread>.

    A: Ok, but how about confessing that X is better in this case!

    B: I especially remember when you said <other totally unrelated thing> in <other totally unrelated situation>. Man you are stupid. And besides, you also think that X works, which is stupid! I tried it at least twice, and I know that Y is better without trying X because I know you don't know anything N00b! Get lost, get a job! Haha

    WTF??

     



  • You forgot:

    C: The real WTF is the forum software

    D: The real solution is to use SSDS

    E: Where's the wooden table?

    F: What's up with the tag cloud? 



  • @Obfuscator said:

    WTF??
     

    Welcome to the internet. PennyArcade has summed this up nicely before: 

    Edit: Another factor is the "not invented here" / "my way is better" syndrome that all techies seem to suffer from.  



  •  Yea, well, one of the reasons for this might be the fact that noone want's to feel the humiliation of being wrong on the intranets!

     

    Meh, whatever.



  • @Precautious said:

    Yea, well, one of the reasons for this might be the fact that noone want's to feel the humiliation of being wrong on the intranets!

    This is obviously incorrect, you cockmonger.  Did you even read the OP before replying or could you not just wait to throw your 0.02 cents in?  Yeah, that's right, you have 1/100th of the cents of other people.  People like you make me so physically sick I puke blood all over the tile floor before losing consciousness.  The only contact I've ever had with you has been your post and I already know that your entire life is a strong argument for making stupidity and ugliness punishable by death.

     

    Choke on a bucket of testicles. 



  • These types of "discussions" have been taking place in every forum since the beginning of the interweb.  Complaining about it is TRWTF.

    @Obfuscator said:

    I see far too many discussions on this forum that goes something like this:

    Person A: I think X

    Person B: You are a total moron, it is obvious that Y is the way to go. STFU N000b@!!!!!!

    A: I think X is better under the stated conditions because <perfectly legitimate reason>, and I agree that Y is better under the conditions that you assumed.

    B: Ha! Y is totally better, you don't have anything to do in software engineering, anyone who doesn't think like me is a total looser.

    A: I was only trying to say that X is better under that condition above

    B: Oh, now I see. That might be true, but you still formulated you scentence a little unclear, so I can still blame you for being stupid and claim that Y is better!!! X totally suck, n00b.

    A: This is ridicilous

    B: Nu-hu it's not. You said it that way, and besides I'm way better than you, besides you said <totally unrelated thing> in <totally unrelated thread>.

    A: Ok, but how about confessing that X is better in this case!

    B: I especially remember when you said <other totally unrelated thing> in <other totally unrelated situation>. Man you are stupid. And besides, you also think that X works, which is stupid! I tried it at least twice, and I know that Y is better without trying X because I know you don't know anything N00b! Get lost, get a job! Haha

    WTF??

     

     


  • @Tuuli Mustasydan said:

    These types of "discussions" have been taking place in every forum since the beginning of the interweb.  Complaining about it is TRWTF.

    You don't have to quote the entire original post, we all know what you are referring to.  Also, your response should go after any quoted text.  Welcome to TDWTF forums. 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    your 0.02 cents



  • @lolwtf said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    your 0.02 cents

    That was intentional.  Did you read the next sentence?  Verizon mail fail math, but you fail funny. 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @lolwtf said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    your 0.02 cents

    That was intentional.  Did you read the next sentence?  Verizon mail fail math, but you fail funny. 

    That I did. The term for what I did there is "joke". My sincere apologies if it didn't meet your standards.



  • @lolwtf said:

    The term for what I did there is "joke".

    My apologies, I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. 



  • Good job, OP.  It looks like you were practically able to prove your theory in your own thread - without even trying! :O



  • @Morbii said:

    Good job, OP.  It looks like you were practically able to prove your theory in your own thread - without even trying! :O

    Obviously a thread like this would attract joke posts like mine.  However, now that you're here the OP has been vindicated!  Did you bring Lysis, Ted, Russ and Jim with you? 



  • in this case -as in many others- the thread went:

    A: this is the topic
    B: [quote A] something to say
    C: this people thought on it too, kind of
    D: random comment
    E: [quote D] STFU
    F: [quote A] something to say
    E: [quote F] greetings noob
    G: [quote E] tag message
    E: gone offtopic
    G: gone offtopic
    E: gone offtopic
    G: gone offtopic
    H: something ontopic
    ME: something that will go ignored

    now, usually the thread keeps going offtopic after my post, but whatever.-



  • @ZippoLag said:

    now, usually the thread keeps going offtopic after my post, but whatever.-

    Keeps going?  You have about as much trouble staying on-track as a commuter train in Madrid!



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @ZippoLag said:

    now, usually the thread keeps going offtopic after my post, but whatever.-

    Keeps going?  You have about as much trouble staying on-track as a commuter train in Madrid!

     

    I didn't say I wouldn't influence the on/off topickery of the trhead, just that whatever I say would most likely be ignored.

    Tho if someone does catch my post, then well, it'll most likely be an offtopic reply. 



  • This is pretty cool on a meta- level.  A thread about internet arguments that turned into a flamewar.  Just my .2 sense.



  • You forgot several things:

    1. Poster Y <quotes entire OP and adds single sentence>
    2. Poster Z tells poster Y not to quote entire OP as we've already read it
    3. Poster K tells poster Z to STFU with "MasterAsshatPlan got owned!" tag
    4. Entire discussion denigrates into derogatory remarks about poster K.


  • @ZippoLag said:

    I didn't say I wouldn't influence the on/off topickery of the trhead, just that whatever I say would most likely be ignored.

     

    Well, you could have been more clear on that.  At the semantic level, your statement is unparseable and evaluates to null.

     

    @ZippoLag said:

    Tho if someone does catch my post, then well, it'll most likely be an offtopic reply.
    @ZippoLag said:
    Tho if someone does catch my post, then well, it'll most likely be an offtopic reply.

    Really, I think the media is skewed towards supporting Barack Obama because they feel guilty about their role in slavery.  Honestly, what this country needs is a strong leader like Josef Stalin or Superman to lead us.



  • @shadowman said:

    This is pretty cool on a meta- level.  A thread about internet arguments that turned into a flamewar.  Just my .2 sense.

    Yeah, you would think it was cool, but that's because you're just another troll.  gb2 Trollville, Professor Trollington K. von Trollovich.



  • @Kyanar said:

    You forgot several things:

    1. Poster Y
    2. Poster Z tells poster Y not to quote entire OP as we've already read it
    3. Poster K tells poster Z to STFU with "MasterAsshatPlan got owned!" tag
    4. Entire discussion denigrates into derogatory remarks about poster K.

    You know, quoting the OP is silly but not quoting another post makes it hard to tell who you are responding to.

     

    Oh, and MasterAsshatPlan got owned! 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Oh, and MasterAsshatPlan got owned! 

    Shit. Not again!



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Yeah, you would think it was cool, but that's because you're just another troll.  gb2 Trollville, Professor Trollington K. von Trollovich.

    No, you're the Troll. Trolly McTrolltroll.  Haha.  Nobody could top a comeback like that one!



  • @shadowman said:

    No, you're the Troll. Trolly McTrolltroll.  Haha.  Nobody could top a comeback like that one!

    Fine.  Go suck and egg.  puts fingers in ears  I'M NOT LISTENING!!  LA LA LA!



  • @shadowman said:

    No, you're the Troll. Trolly McTrolltroll.  Haha.  Nobody could top a comeback like that one!
     

    It takes one to know one! QED!



  • @Otterdam said:

    Filed under: I suck so much I can't even troll properly, shadowman got owned!

     

     

    Shadow Asshat Man got owned



  • @Obfuscator said:

    I see far too many discussions on this forum that goes something like this:

    Person A: I think X

    Person B: You are a total moron, it is obvious that Y is the way to go. STFU N000b@!!!!!!

    A: I think X is better under the stated conditions because <perfectly legitimate reason>, and I agree that Y is better under the conditions that you assumed.

    B: Ha! Y is totally better, you don't have anything to do in software engineering, anyone who doesn't think like me is a total looser.

    A: I was only trying to say that X is better under that condition above

    B: Oh, now I see. That might be true, but you still formulated you scentence a little unclear, so I can still blame you for being stupid and claim that Y is better!!! X totally suck, n00b.

    A: This is ridicilous

    B: Nu-hu it's not. You said it that way, and besides I'm way better than you, besides you said <totally unrelated thing> in <totally unrelated thread>.

    A: Ok, but how about confessing that X is better in this case!

    B: I especially remember when you said <other totally unrelated thing> in <other totally unrelated situation>. Man you are stupid. And besides, you also think that X works, which is stupid! I tried it at least twice, and I know that Y is better without trying X because I know you don't know anything N00b! Get lost, get a job! Haha

    WTF??

     

    STFU that never happened



  • @shadowman said:

    Shadow Asshat Man got owned
     

    See, that's why I can't troll properly. Not nearly insulting enough.

     

    Asshat. 



  •  The internet can be best summed up as a gang who is ready to beat someone senseless for anyone who disagrees with the groupthink.



  • Real discussions are boring. I'm on the internet to get entertained, not to join the rational debate club. If I wanted to actually think about things before arguing them, and go through the effort of making an articulate argument instead of simply indulging my shortsighted whims for conflict and attention, then don't you think I'd be using my amazing powers of argument in a more productive fashion, rather than wasting them away into the vapid oblivion of an internet forum?

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.



  • @Sunstorm said:

    Real discussions are boring. I'm on the internet to get entertained, not to join the rational debate club. If I wanted to actually think about things before arguing them, and go through the effort of making an articulate argument instead of simply indulging my shortsighted whims for conflict and attention, then don't you think I'd be using my amazing powers of argument in a more productive fashion, rather than wasting them away into the vapid oblivion of an internet forum?

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.

     

     How about you get off the internet and get a life; most of us are here for real discussions. Trolls are almost as bad as spammers in my book.



  • Having a real life, I leave the real discussions over there, where it actually matters. I wouldn't waste my time arguing seriously with some moron on the internet such as yourself.



  • @Sunstorm said:

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.

    No, you are! 



  • Now there's an argument worthy of The Internet. I salute you, fine sir!



  • @Sunstorm said:

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.
    flames Sunstorm, challenging his feminity



  • @belgariontheking said:

    flames Sunstorm, challenging his feminity



  •  Ooh a fuzzy kitty!

    Poster ED makes some odd meme-derived comment only funny to himself, and is either ignored, met with confusion, labelled a troll, or given alternative acronyms for his username



  • @Obfuscator said:

    I see far too many discussions on this forum that goes something like this:

    Person A: I think X

    Person B: You are a total moron, it is obvious that Y is the way to go. STFU N000b@!!!!!!

    A: ...

    WTF??

     

    Yes i think your script holds for the majority of forums. It is a pity that the intelligence of the participants drops below the select sqr(least(People.Intelligent)) from People group by Forum.

    And i'm quite aware that it doesn't pass as sql.



  • @Morbii said:

    Good job, OP.  It looks like you were practically able to prove your theory in your own thread - without even trying! :O

     

    Well this whole thread makes me laugh. Thank you guys for making my monday morning a little less boring  :)
    You guys proved exactly the point of OP. This is even better than MFD hahaha.

     



  • @Sunstorm said:

    Real discussions are boring. I'm on the internet to get entertained, not to join the rational debate club. If I wanted to actually think about things before arguing them, and go through the effort of making an articulate argument instead of simply indulging my shortsighted whims for conflict and attention, then don't you think I'd be using my amazing powers of argument in a more productive fashion, rather than wasting them away into the vapid oblivion of an internet forum?

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.

    This should be incorporated into the definition of the Internet. Now where did I leave that copy of the Internet change request form?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Honestly, what this country needs is a strong leader like Josef Stalin or Superman to lead us.
     

    My vote goes for Superman. Think of the tax dollars saved on Air Force One no longer being needed. 



  • This thread reminds me of Gödel's incompleteness theorems.

     



  • @PerdidoPunk said:

    This thread reminds me of Gödel's incompleteness theorems. 

    Explain. 



  • There are a few die-hard forum-dwellers here who just love to get on anyone and everyone's case. They make it so fun and so easy to start flamewars that I often drop by and throw bait at them just because I'm having a bad day and need a distraction. 



  • @Arenzael said:

    There are a few die-hard forum-dwellers here who just love to get on anyone and everyone's case. They make it so fun and so easy to start flamewars that I often drop by and throw bait at them just because I'm having a bad day and need a distraction. 

    How mature you are! 



  • @Arenzael said:

    There are a few die-hard forum-dwellers here who just love to get on anyone and everyone's case. They make it so fun and so easy to start flamewars that I often drop by and throw bait at them just because I'm having a bad day and need a distraction.
    There are a few n00bs here who don't know how to make a coherent point and do nothing but troll.  I often drop by to throw them into the Swamp Shack because they really deserve it.

    Die troll die!



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    throw ... 0.02 cents ... make me so physically sick I puke blood all over the tile floor before losing consciousness.

     

    Weakling!



  • @Sunstorm said:

    Real discussions are boring. I'm on the internet to get entertained, not to join the rational debate club. If I wanted to actually think about things before arguing them, and go through the effort of making an articulate argument instead of simply indulging my shortsighted whims for conflict and attention, then don't you think I'd be using my amazing powers of argument in a more productive fashion, rather than wasting them away into the vapid oblivion of an internet forum?

    Anyone that doesn't troll on the internet is seriously fucking retarded.

     

    FALSE! The internet was clearly made for PORN... everything else spawned because people needed something to do in between browsing for porn and hidding it from their wives.



  • @dlikhten said:

    in between browsing for porn and hidding it from their wives.
     

    You hide it from your wife? Heh.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @PerdidoPunk said:

    This thread reminds me of Gödel's incompleteness theorems. 

    Explain. 

     

     

    It's self-referential, incomplete, and inconsistent, of course. 


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.