Enhancements and Bug Fixes should be paid for

• So.. my supervisor got back from her trip to visit "Those In Charge". She informed me that they said I am not to continue working on enhancements or bug fixes unless someone is paying for it. It's as if they think the "support fees" are just free money. I told my supervisor that someone should inform them as to what is in the support contract and that the fees are what is paying for the work. Also, I said if they think enhancements and bug fixes shouldn't be free that they should stop getting Microsoft Updates and quit using FOSS.

Since I can't make any changes to the stuff I already have, I basically have nothing to do anymore. I've got to find a new job. This is getting more f'ing crazy as time goes on.

• Time to jump ship.  If they're looking to charge money for something as basic as bug fixes, they're in trouble!

• @mfah said:

Time to jump ship.  If they're looking to charge money for something as basic as bug fixes, they're in trouble!

Actually that alone isn't bad, the fact that the service agreement apparently states that they will receive bug-fixes as part of that agreement and they refuse to push them out without more money is the WTF.