Can you explain programming, please?

• I want to make a game like Halo but I don't know where to start. Can you help me?

• @Welbog said:

I want to make a game like Halo but I don't know where to start. Can you help me?

Kind sir, please email me the codes also. 

• In related news, SpectateSwamp won the mashup challenge.

•  @Welbog said:

I want to make a game like Halo but I don't know where to start. Can you help me?

Buy Halo and get any mod development tools. Spend a forturne on 3D tools because the free ones are too limited. Use Adobe 3DSMax or something.  Change the way the characters look, the levels, etc, and you got a game that is like Halo but looks different. If you make it this far, you'll only be scratching the surface on the amount of effort involved, you still didn't do any programming. That will have to wait til another day :) 

•  I recommend starting with int main (), but that's just me.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Welbog said:

Can you help me?

No.

Have you tried ringing up your brother-in-law?

• @PJH said:

Have you tried ringing up your brother-in-law?
    I don't have one. See, that's why I had to come here for help.

• There are many fine books available which can teach you to write such a game in just 21 days.

• @VGR said:

There are many fine books available which can teach you to write such a game in just 21 days.

I hate books from SAMS. I might take 1 or two good pieces of information from them, if that.

• @pitchingchris said:

@VGR said:

There are many fine books available which can teach you to write such a game in just 21 days.

I hate books from SAMS. I might take 1 or two good pieces of information from them, if that.

I just have to check...

You DO realize this whole thread is a joke, right?

• @VGR said:

21 days? WTF? My boss wants me to have it done in two weeks :-( 

•  I'm guessing your timezone is at GMT-2 or more...

•  My time zone is in my profile. Or can be derived thereof. What are you trying to tell me?

• @TheRider said:

My time zone is in my profile. Or can be derived thereof. What are you trying to tell me?

• Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2005
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    That is a big clue as well.

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

• Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2005
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    That is a big clue as well.

That is actually what I meant with "can be derived thereof"  :-)

But I still don't understand why my timezone is of any importance. 

•  Ok that post was actually aimed at the OP...

I was attempting to imply that the question was an attempt at an April Fools joke, which would need to have been made before noon...

any experience of any kind of programming?

ready for real-time event-driven graphics-heavy programming as required for first-person-shooter creation?

Probably not.

Learn to do simpler kind of programming til you know more.

• @Emyr said:

Ok that post was actually aimed at the OP...

I was attempting to imply that the question was an attempt at an April Fools joke, which would need to have been made before noon...

any experience of any kind of programming?

ready for real-time event-driven graphics-heavy programming as required for first-person-shooter creation?

Probably not.

Learn to do simpler kind of programming til you know more.

Can somebody loan this guy a clue? 

• @bstorer said:

I highly doubt it. He sounds too far to the swamp side of things.

• @bstorer said:

I think it's going to take a lot more clue than one you'd be willing to loan. He needs a "take out a full-blown mortgage at high interest" type of clue. 

• I don't get it. He knows it was April Fools' Day, but somehow it doesn't click to him that the thread isn't serious? How does that kind of confusion even happen? I'm just in awe at this guy...

• I have a bubble sort assignment due monday, plz mail me teh codez. teh one on wikipedia doesnt work

• I wont to make my own homepage. It should be somthing like youtube, only more flashy and more famous. Can you help me with the html? 

• @TheRider said:

I wont to make my own homepage. It should be somthing like youtube, only more flashy and more famous. Can you help me with the html? 

I can makez a homepage for u in frontpage!

• your post appeared at 1:26pm.

your profile doesn't show evidence of your country or residence.

2ish + 2ish = about 5

• @Emyr said:

your post appeared at 1:26pm.

2ish + 2ish = about 5

There is thing called the quote button. It is really helpful for determining what/who the hell you are talking about.

• @Emyr said:

2ish + 2ish = about 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands

Surely you must have heard of Geert Wilders, he is the proof our country does very indeed exists, the Netherlands was even mentioned on CNN! For the rest... your post doesn't make sense.

• @Emyr said:

2ish + 2ish = about 5

Okay, seriously.  Do we need to pass the collection plate to buy you a clue?  Does MPS need to use some of his The Stupidest Man on Earth (shameless plug) money to get you a tattoo on the back of your hand reminding you to breathe?  Oh, wait, are you actually trying to run for Stupidest Man on Earth?  Because that position is already filled.

• @bstorer said:

Okay, seriously.  Do we need to pass the collection plate to buy you a clue?  Does MPS need to use some of his The Stupidest Man on Earth (shameless plug) money to get you a tattoo on the back of your hand reminding you to breathe?  Oh, wait, are you actually trying to run for Stupidest Man on Earth?  Because that position is already filled.

Sometimes I wonder if there should be a 'runners up' page though.

• @Ice^^Heat said:

Surely you must have heard of Geert Wilders, he is the proof our country does very indeed exists, the Netherlands was even mentioned on CNN! For the rest... your post doesn't make sense.
    He doesn't talk to you. He only talks to the Original Poster (OP). So, never mind!