Spanish TDWTF?



  • Hi,

     

    I've just read the post about the new French TDWTF, and as a Spanish I'm very jealous :-)

    I'm sure there's a lot of people reading TDWTF from Spain or South America, isn't anyone going to do something? Are we going to let France beat Spain? ;-P 

     

    Regards,

    deibyz 



  • Realmente hubieses comenzado por escribirlo en español. Muchos de nosotros utilizamos el traductor de Google para leer textos en otro idioma, o también hacemos uso de nuestro "spanglish" para comprender los textos que otros escriben. Los latinos en Estados Unidos son llamados "primera gran minoria", esto en mi escuela se llama eufemismo. Esta página me ha parecido excelente por su contenido y enfoque. Me gustaría que se expandiera hacia la segunda lengua mayormente difundida en el mundo. (Esto último lo acoto de esta manera porque el mandarín tiene más habitantes, pero no se difunde en más países)

    You hadn´t thought about me, but I've thought of you:
    Really, you should start by writing it in Spanish. Many of us use the Google translator to read texts in another language, or make use of our "Spanglish" to understand the texts that others write. Latins in the United States are called "first great minority," this in my school is called euphemism. This page I have found excellent in content and approach. I would like it expand into the second most widespread language in the world. (This last I said it this way because Mandarin has more inhabitants, but does not spread to more countries)

    Thank

     



  •  Take it upon yourself to do something about it.  I'm sure Alex would be glad to have somebody translate it.



  • @ucvletras9 said:

    I would like it expand into the second most widespread language in the world.

     

     It is already available in English!


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @tster said:

    @ucvletras9 said:

    I would like it expand into the second most widespread language in the world.

     

     It is already available in English!

    What's more widespread than English? This started off as a snarkey question, but after thinking about spanish and derivitives, then possibly Latin in the christian countries (amongst the higher ups in said religion,)  I'm not sure...

    Assuming we're talking spoken languages and not going over to computer ones....



  • @PJH said:

    @tster said:

    @ucvletras9 said:

    I would like it expand into the second most widespread language in the world.

     

     It is already available in English!

    What's more widespread than English? This started off as a snarkey question, but after thinking about spanish and derivitives, then possibly Latin in the christian countries (amongst the higher ups in said religion,)  I'm not sure...

    Assuming we're talking spoken languages and not going over to computer ones....

     

     You are both wrong

    Although it depends on the web site you go to.  Some have English as number 2, some Hindi, some Spanish  </shrug>  


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @amischiefr said:

    @PJH said:

    @tster said:

    @ucvletras9 said:

    I would like it expand into the second most widespread language in the world.

     

     It is already available in English!

    What's more widespread than English? This started off as a snarkey question, but after thinking about spanish and derivitives, then possibly Latin in the christian countries (amongst the higher ups in said religion,)  I'm not sure...

     You are both wrong

    Now if that was a link about how widely they were spoken (most countries it's spoken in, for example) then I'd perhaps agree with you, but it's ranking based on total number of speakers, which brings me back to my question which you thought was 'wrong' for some reason - what's more widespread than English?

    Your link suggests that Mandarin's the one spoken by the most (native) speakers, but I'm willing to guess that the vast majority of those people are in China, and certainly doesn't take into account of people with 'MSL.'

    [Words bolded for the hard of reading.]



  • @PJH said:

    Now if that was a link about how widely they were spoken (most countries it's spoken in, for example) then I'd perhaps agree with you, but it's ranking based on total number of speakers, which brings me back to my question which you thought was 'wrong' for some reason - what's more widespread than English?

    Your link suggests that Mandarin's the one spoken by the most (native) speakers, but I'm willing to guess that the vast majority of those people are in China, and certainly doesn't take into account of people with 'MSL.'

    [Words bolded for the hard of reading.]

     

    I agree, the post was 90% sarcastic (look at the tags).  The numbers are WAY off.  They have English at 309 Million.  Hell, there are 309 Million US citizens alone ( I know not ALL speak english, but the majority of citizens do, which is what the 300 Mil+ is a record of).  Do they not take into account South Africa, England, Irland...?  Whomever made that wiki was pulling numbers out of their ass.

     

    And that's not even taking into account the Millions of people all over the world who are not native speakers of English, but speak it fluently.  I know quite a few Belgians that speak English flawlessly.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @amischiefr said:

    (look at the tags)
    I never see tags. They aren't reproduced in either the emails sent out (how I read most of the stuff on here) or in threaded view (when I reply to posts.)



  • @amischiefr said:

    @PJH said:

    Now if that was a link about how widely they were spoken (most countries it's spoken in, for example) then I'd perhaps agree with you, but it's ranking based on total number of speakers, which brings me back to my question which you thought was 'wrong' for some reason - what's more widespread than English?

    Your link suggests that Mandarin's the one spoken by the most (native) speakers, but I'm willing to guess that the vast majority of those people are in China, and certainly doesn't take into account of people with 'MSL.'

    [Words bolded for the hard of reading.]

     

    I agree, the post was 90% sarcastic (look at the tags).  The numbers are WAY off.  They have English at 309 Million.  Hell, there are 309 Million US citizens alone ( I know not ALL speak english, but the majority of citizens do, which is what the 300 Mil+ is a record of).  Do they not take into account South Africa, England, Irland...?  Whomever made that wiki was pulling numbers out of their ass.

     

    And that's not even taking into account the Millions of people all over the world who are not native speakers of English, but speak it fluently.  I know quite a few Belgians that speak English flawlessly.

     

     

    Oh, come on! Just ignore that we're-the-top-X-of-the-world, i-need-google latino troll.

    I'm from Argentina. We speak spanish here, and i'm also coursing my licenciate degree in letters (kinda linguistics). I can say without any fear or being wrong that English is like a de-facto Esperanto. It's even a requirement for most of us developers; specs are hardly ever in spanish and anyone in the world know that, international coustomers usually (activelly) speak english... and what the hell is that google bullshit? Google language tools are lame: u can NEVER rely on that, and there are better tools on the web. It's just ridiculous to say "many of us use the Google translator to read texts in another language", because ANY of us that have already tried know that it simply does not work: it translates garbage, and u can't read shit.

     

    If there's something more annoying that trolling, that's propaganda. Wanna spanish TDWTF? Sure! Why the hell not? But don't give me that "spanish is important" crap; just make the damn site. 

     



  • @Xelort said:

    Oh, come on! Just ignore that we're-the-top-X-of-the-world, i-need-google latino troll.

    I'm from Argentina. We speak spanish here, and i'm also coursing my licenciate degree in letters (kinda linguistics). I can say without any fear or being wrong that English is like a de-facto Esperanto. It's even a requirement for most of us developers; specs are hardly ever in spanish and anyone in the world know that, international coustomers usually (activelly) speak english... and what the hell is that google bullshit? Google language tools are lame: u can NEVER rely on that, and there are better tools on the web. It's just ridiculous to say "many of us use the Google translator to read texts in another language", because ANY of us that have already tried know that it simply does not work: it translates garbage, and u can't read shit.

     

    If there's something more annoying that trolling, that's propaganda. Wanna spanish TDWTF? Sure! Why the hell not? But don't give me that "spanish is important" crap; just make the damn site.

     

    Alright, so why did you quote me retard?  I didn't say anything about using Google translators, and I certainly didn't say anything about Spanish being important :p



  • @amischiefr said:

    Alright, so why did you quote me retard?  I didn't say anything about using Google translators, and I certainly didn't say anything about Spanish being important :p

     

    Because this stuff about how many people speaks spanish comes from there: this guy (second post in the thread) who claims spanish this spanish that.

    @ucvletras9 said:

    You hadn´t thought about me, but I've thought of you:
    Really, you
    should start by writing it in Spanish. Many of us use the Google
    translator to read texts in another language, or make use of our
    "Spanglish" to understand the texts that others write. Latins in the
    United States are called "first great minority," this in my school is
    called euphemism. This page I have found excellent in content and
    approach. I would like it expand into the second most widespread
    language in the world. (This last I said it this way because Mandarin
    has more inhabitants, but does not spread to more countries)


    I was talking about him: ignore THAT guy (the one who started it all), not you. You were just the last guy keeping this line (how many people blah blah). Sorry if i wasn't clear.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.