Mashup Challenge $100,000 prize - WTF if Spectate Swamp wins?

• Wouldn't that be something, if I ended up as one of the 20 finalists? And the rest of you Geeks got nothing. Boy wouldn't this group look stupid then. Know-it-all Nerds! 

Check it out: http://www.netsquared.org/mashup

Thanks to this forum, I had some demo videos uploaded and ready to show.

•  Let the flaming resume!

• Spectate. You do understand that: "a mashup is a web application" right?

Do you understand that your VB abomination is not a web application?

I cannot believe it... but I think you may have gotten even dumber...

• @About NetSquared said:

Our mission is to spur responsible adoption of social web tools by
    social benefit organizations. There's a whole new generation of online
    tools available – tools that make it easier than ever before to
    collaborate, share information and mobilize support. These tools
    include blogs, wikis, RSS feeds, podcasting, and more. Some people
    describe them as "Web 2.0"; we call them the social web, because their
    power comes from the relationships they enable.

Trolling is not a social benefit it is a social scourge.

See tags for exciting anagram revelation ... 

• I hope you win.  If for no other reason then you could afford professional help.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Wouldn't that be something, if I ended up as one of the 20 finalists? And the rest of you Geeks got nothing. Boy wouldn't this group look stupid then. Know-it-all Nerds!

You're equally likely to win this as you are to win, say, the Irish Derby.  

• @bstorer said:

You're equally likely to win this as you are to win, say, the Irish Derby.  

As the horse or as the jockey? 

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Wouldn't that be something, if I ended up as one of the 20 finalists? And the rest of you Geeks got nothing. Boy wouldn't this group look stupid then. Know-it-all Nerds! 

God, you are such an asshole.  You came to this forum begging for help and you ended up insulting pretty much everyone, INCLUDING PEOPLE WHO WERE TRYING TO HELP YOU with your god-forsaken search app.

Now you are back to [dish out | take] even more punishment, I see.

http://www.netsquared.org/mashup

For a better sense of what we mean, let's take a look at a few of our favorite Mashups.

Go ahead, click on the examples below. Read the "about" pages to get a better sense of the project’s goal/mission, and how the site works. (Yes, this is kind of technical, but we’re going to help make sense of that. Enjoy!)

• Maplight.org, a winning NetSquared project from last year, displays the link between money and politics by bringing together information about campaign contributions and legislative votes.
    • ChicagoCrimes.org is a browsable database of crimes in Chicago that lets users see information displayed on a map.
    • ActiveTrails shows visitors a list of active hiking and biking trails across the United States. Users play a big role in supplying information.
    • Tunisian Prison Map pulls from a variety of sources to locate the prisons on a map and links to videos and other information relating to the prisons.

Can you please explain how SSDS is ANYTHING like those examples? 

• WHOO HOOO the only thing better than quoting the OP is quoting the OP when the OP is SpectateSwamp.

That has to be the most useless quote ever made!

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

Okay fine, point taken.  I thought it wouldn't be too bad as long as the quote itself was short. 

• @CodeSimian said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

Okay fine, point taken.  I thought it wouldn't be too bad as long as the quote itself was short. 

Just found it funny.

Quoting the OP is useless, but anything SpectateSwamp has ever said didn't deserve to be read ONCE, nevermind TWICE. WTFx2.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I will assist in converting SSDS into a web app so you can win this.  If you can get SSDS to export XML I will write web frontend with sweet AJAX-ness for it.  We can use the entire Google web index as our data source, thereby qualifying as a mashup.  That way we can once and for all prove the superiority of your search algorithms to the overeducated "engineers" at Google!  TRWTF is referring to a programmer as an "engineer" -- railroads are so Web 1.0.

/ quoted the OP because normally it's retarded but in this case it needs to be heard!

// I don't want any of the prize, you can have it all

/// I have a dedicated box we can host SpectateSwamp Web Search [BETA] on!! 

• @morbiuswilters said:

// quoted the OP because normally it's retarded but in this case it needs to be heard! 

No... no it doesn't.

Just found it funny.

Quoting the OP is useless, but anything SpectateSwamp has ever said didn't deserve to be read ONCE, nevermind TWICE. WTFx2.

Jeez, calm down, friend. We're talking about a three line post here. Please explain to me how that is cluttering up your view. Besides, it had a relevance there, because CodeSimian didn't respont to the post before him. Or would you rather like him calling medialint an asshole?

Yes, we all agree that SS is a hopeless troll, weirdo and most likely insane. We also agree that excessive posting can be annoying. Keyword being "excessive" here. But you exaggerate a little lately. You're starting to judge this forum by your own made-up rules only. And you demand that everyone else obeys to those rules. This is not your site, MPS and if you don't start to admit that soon, you'll end up in your own little world, not much better than SpectateSwamp.

• @PSWorx said:

Jeez, calm down, friend. We're talking about a three line post here.

As I stated, I found it humorous. 

I think you need to work on your calmness level, and your reading comprehension.

But you are just the first of the usual stream of flamers who like to flame anything I say, so it is all good. Carry on.

• For a better sense of what we mean, let's take a look at a few of our favorite Mashups.

Go
    ahead, click on the examples below. Read the "about" pages to get a
    better sense of the project’s goal/mission, and how the site works.
    (Yes, this is kind of technical, but we’re going to help make sense of
    that. Enjoy!)

• Maplight.org,
      a winning NetSquared project from last year, displays the link between
      money and politics by bringing together information about campaign
      contributions and legislative votes.
    • ChicagoCrimes.org is a browsable database of crimes in Chicago that lets users see information displayed on a map.
    • ActiveTrails
      shows visitors a list of active hiking and biking trails across the
      United States. Users play a big role in supplying information.
    • Tunisian Prison Map
      pulls from a variety of sources to locate the prisons on a map and
      links to videos and other information relating to the prisons.

The neighbor I mooch internet access off of is the guy who runs ActiveTrails 🙂

• @Heron said:

That is going to get awkward then, since I just emailed them about how ridiculous this thread is....

Goodbye free internet tubez!

• @PSWorx said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

Just found it funny.

Jeez, calm down, friend. We're talking about a three line post here. Please explain to me how that is cluttering up your view. Besides, it had a relevance there, because CodeSimian didn't respont to the post before him. Or would you rather like him calling medialint an asshole?

Yes, we all agree that SS is a hopeless troll, weirdo and most likely insane. We also agree that excessive posting can be annoying. Keyword being "excessive" here. But you exaggerate a little lately. You're starting to judge this forum by your own made-up rules only. And you demand that everyone else obeys to those rules. This is not your site, MPS and if you don't start to admit that soon, you'll end up in your own little world, not much better than SpectateSwamp.

Quoting the OP is always retarded.  I did it above as a joke (you know, like the rest of my post) because this thread obviously only has value as a comedic outlet.  I think MPS can have an annoying habit of posting somewhat useless junk (to inflate his post count?) sometimes, but he can be right-on sometimes as well.  I seriously wonder what kind of code is written by people who aren't irritated by the inefficiency of quoting the entire fucking OP.  Also, you need to take a joke, man.  MPS has a very dry sense of humor and it can be grating sometimes, but some people here seem to have no sense of humor.

• @morbiuswilters said:

to inflate his post count?

Are there actually people here that give a shit about post count??

That would be TRWTF.

"STFU N00b! I have more posts than you!!!1!!!!!ELeVENTY!!!1!"

@Heron said:

That is going to get awkward then, since I just emailed them about how ridiculous this thread is....

Goodbye free internet tubez!

I fail to see how an e-mail to ActiveTrails regarding the idiocy of this thread would result in the end of my free internet access.

Besides which, he's using my WRT54G. 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.