2006 and we still can't solve the sleep problem...

• @stinch said:

A .net scripting language that allowed you to keep all the benefits of wsh scripts yet draw on the .net framework when needed would be much nicer. Outside the windows world most general purpose scripting appears to be done without cut down environments. I think there is good reason for this.

If only someone would come up with something like that:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/powershell/default.mspx

And for what you are doing, it sounds like you should just make an actual program, but I could be wrong based on the lack of detail.

I will never understand why some people will insist on staying in a scripting environment past all good reason and common sense.

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

You are just flat out trolling.

On what planet is a civilized discussion considered trolling? You need to get it through your head that this forum doesn't belong to you. If my posts bother you so much, then stop reading this thread. I know you won't do that though, because not getting the last word is worse than death for you, isn't it?

• @Cap'n Steve said:

On what planet is a civilized discussion considered trolling? You need to get it through your head that this forum doesn't belong to you. If my posts bother you so much, then stop reading this thread.

You need to follow your own advice.

@Cap'n Steve said:

I know you won't do that though, because not getting the last word is worse than death for you, isn't it?

I am not the one who consistently comes in at the end of the discussion and trys to fan the flames all over again.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

@Cap'n Steve said:

I know you won't do that though, because not getting the last word is worse than death for you, isn't it?

I am not the one who consistently comes in at the end of the discussion and trys to fan the flames all over again.

QFA.

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

You need to follow your own advice.

Why should I quit reading the thread? I was actually enjoying the discussion until you decided that I must be a troll for daring to disagree with you.

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

The end of the discussion? How am I supposed to know when the great and mighty MPS has declared the discussion over? When did I "jump in to fan the flames" since I've posted about once a day in this thread?

I will personally send you a cookie (still sealed), if you don't try and get the last word in this thread.

• @Cap'n Steve said:

I will personally send you a cookie (still sealed), if you don't try and get the last word in this thread.

Don't go buy that cookie just yet!

• @Morbii said:

@Cap'n Steve said:

Don't go buy that cookie just yet!

Buy two, I want one! Hey I was going to stop replying to this thread, but for a cookie oh man its on!