Crystal Reports XI "error message"
I have been reading WTF for a couple of months now. I am so addicted to this site that I read all of the articles all the way back to like May 2005.
On to the post....
I have been working a lot with Crystal Reports XI lately. I am writing a report that will use multiple stored procedures(as in about 25.....is that a WTF itself?). I noticed that my stored procedure didn't contain all the information that I needed, so I edited the stored procedure in SQL Server 2005. To make Crystal Reports get the new updated version of the stored procedure, I did the "Verify Database". I was then prompted with this very informative "error" message.
Maybe it wasn't an error message at all. The stored procedure updated correctly and the report works fine.
For those of you who don't want to look it up:
[code]// MessageId: E_UNEXPECTED
// Catastrophic failure
#define E_UNEXPECTED HRESULT_TYPEDEF(0x8000FFFFL)
TRWTF is that the message text for E_UNEXPECTED is "Catastrophic failure", my personal opinion is that "Unexpected error" or something like it would be more appropriate.
Also, I vote for renaming it E_SPANISH_INQUISITION.
I agree with this highly erudite poast.
Two catastrophic failures reported in one week. <font size="-1">Nostradamus</font><font size="-1"> predicted something like this would happen.</font><font size="-1"> </font>