The end is near...

•  This POS software is the bane of my existence.  Just my very login brokeded it.

• When I first read the title and saw your name next to it I thought "Lysis is finally going away!" Obviously that was too much to wish for.

• Harbinger of the apocalypse...

• @clively said:

When I first read the title and saw your name next to it I thought "Lysis is finally going away!" Obviously that was too much to wish for.

• A database login failure is not a catastrophic failure;  a bridge collapsing, killing hundreds, is a catastrophic failure. Goddamn Henny-Penny Developers and thier Goddamned error messages. 

• THE LOGON IS FAILING!  THE LOGON IS FAILING! 

• @dextron said:

A database login failure is not a catastrophic failure;  a bridge collapsing, killing hundreds, is a catastrophic failure. Goddamn Henny-Penny Developers and thier Goddamned error messages. 

Depends on the database usage. I can think of a few mission critical databases that would cause "catastrophic failure" if they were to go down.

•  I've seen this a lot....well a lot more than anyone should:  [url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243349]0x8000FFFF "Catastrophic failure" Message with SQL Server ODBC Driver[/url]

CAUSE

The Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver is loading the Winmm.dll file for timing functions. While Winmm.dll is primarily a multimedia DLL, it contains some timing functions that resolve down to the millisecond level, and the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver is using these functions for internal timing issues.

In the 3.70.0690 build of the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver, Winmm.dll is being unloaded prematurely, and the function pointers are not being zeroed out. Therefore, the function pointer appears to refer to a valid address but the location it points to in memory is no longer valid.

This access violation (AV) is being caught by the exception handling in the OLE DB Service Components, and an 0x08000FFFF "Catastrophic failure" message is then returned to the client.

• And you felt the need to quote that why exactly? Oh yeah, because your a moron.

• @clively said:

And you felt the need to quote that why exactly? Oh yeah, because your a moron.

Perhaps the real WTF is that somebody thought 'Catastrophic Failure' as a result from FormatMessage was a good idea? 

• @clively said:

When I first read the title and saw your name next to it I thought "Lysis is finally going away!" Obviously that was too much to wish for.

You know that can't happen. Lysis is a /. script kiddie who got lost and ended up here, but can't figure out how to get back to his other luser buddies at /. So we're stuck with him here, at least until one of the moderators decides we've had enough and blocks his IP address.  Since that's unlikely to happen, it appears we have to just endure the punishment.

• @clively said:

And you felt the need to quote that why exactly? Oh yeah, because your a moron.

you're 

• @KenW said:

@clively said:

You know that can't happen. Lysis is a /. script kiddie who got lost and ended up here, but can't figure out how to get back to his other luser buddies at /. So we're stuck with him here, at least until one of the moderators decides we've had enough and blocks his IP address.  Since that's unlikely to happen, it appears we have to just endure the punishment.

Maybe the admins think I am funny as opposed to you pasty egopricks who whack off to anime and live out your childhood nerd oppression by fixing computers for your charismatic superiors.  Instead of focusing whose hard drive is bigger, why don't you go outside and work on your vitamin D production.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Lysis said:

Maybe the admins think I am funny as opposed to you pasty egopricks who whack off to anime and live out your childhood nerd oppression by fixing computers for your charismatic superiors.  Instead of focusing whose hard drive is bigger, why don't you go outside and work on your vitamin D production.
    Perhaps you'd like to throw your toys out of your pram a little further?

• @PJH said:

@Lysis said:

Perhaps you'd like to throw your toys out of your pram a little further?

Thank you for clogging up more google searches with stupid, lame, prosaic variances of the "OMG YOU MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" comments.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Lysis said:

Thank you for clogging up more google searches with stupid, lame, prosaic variances of the "OMG YOU MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" comments.
    You're welcome.

• @Lysis said:

POS

Do you mean "Point Of Sale" or "Piece Of Shit"? I assume both...

• @Lysis said:

This POS software is the bane of my existence.  Just my very login [b]brokeded[/b] it.

[i]snip[/i]

...stupid, lame, prosaic variances of the "OMG YOU MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" comments.

There's your problem, right there in bold. Up the setting on your maturity-o-tron a few notches, tone down the E/N in your posts, and you'll be cruising cooler than caps lock.

• @kirchhoff said:

@Lysis said:

This POS software is the bane of my existence.  Just my very login brokeded it.

snip

...stupid, lame, prosaic variances of the "OMG YOU MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!" comments.

There's your problem, right there in bold. Up the setting on your maturity-o-tron a few notches, tone down the E/N in your posts, and you'll be cruising cooler than caps lock.

Impossible.  Nothing is as cool as ALL CAPS POASTS!!!!!!1!!!!!!