Microsoft Source Force



  • You can't make this stuff up.

    I'm sure someone in marketing thought this was a good idea.



  • The same person responsible for talking paperclips and search dogs, no doubt. 



  • I saw this linked on Digg yesterday and prayed that if I forgot about it overnight, it would go away.  Evidently, it didn't. 



  • I am glad to see they have a sense of humor.



  • They better be paying their royalties to both Lucasarts and Lego.

    But I do understand that the Lego Starwars license is a good one, they got multiple computer games done using it.



  • Why on earth is Obi Wan Kenoffice doing that with his right arm?  Disturbing tremors in the Force, I feel...



  • Windows Vista Sensei comes from a long family line of
    warriors, the ” Windows” family.


    He is highly thought of as one of the most powerful
    warriors alive. Although he is still young, Windows
    Vista Sensei is said to possess different strengths and confidence
    not known to anyone. He is already beginning to gain such world
    fame at his young age that folks are writing
    stories about him.

    I met Windows Vista Sensei and he really is quite powerful indeed. With a single install he rendered $1500 worth of hardware obsolete. Now that's power!

    ISV Super Gal comes from an ultra wealthy Texas family that
    made its money in the beef market. Although she has
    always wanted to be a cheerleader, she grew up the shy
    girl genius, was never popular, and had a hard time
    mixing with the “in” crowd. ...  ISV Super Gal has now
    become a central role in developing new gadgets, gizmos
    and overall lifesaving solutions on a daily basis which
    have gotten the rest of the crew out of more than a few
    tight squeezes.

    I want to meet ISV Super Gal but then again I think all the men here probably would ... give her a tight squeeze eh?

     



  • @medialint said:

    I want to meet ISV Super Gal but then again I think all the men here probably would ... give her a tight squeeze eh?
     

    Would be better if she gave you a tight squeeze instead, IMO.



  • Whoa, at first I misread the title as "Microsoft Source Forge". Oh crud, another hostile takeover!

    Fortunately, my groan was suppressed as I followed the link.

    BTW, am I the only one who can't download the game?



  • @Spectre said:

    BTW, am I the only one who can't download the game?

     

    I had no idea there was a game!  I must have!

    @Firefox said:

    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 64.58.191.243:8085.

    umm ... wtf?  why don't they have a proper domain for this server?  And why don't they put the files on there that are SUPPOSED to be there?



  • @yohaas said:

    I'm sure someone in marketing thought this was a good idea.

    I'm sure they saw the OS-tans and pinched the idea.



  • @Spectre said:

    Whoa, at first I misread the title as "Microsoft Source Forge". Oh crud, another hostile takeover!

    Fortunately, my groan was suppressed as I followed the link.

    BTW, am I the only one who can't download the game?

     

    Collabnet already bought SourceForge.  Of course, Microsoft could buy Collabnet I guess, but they already have too many source control products. 



  • I like how Office is an old Chinese guy. I assume that he has a thick accent and nobody in the world understands 100% of what he says. And occasionally, he does weird, unexpected things. Yup, that's Office!



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @Spectre said:

    BTW, am I the only one who can't download the game?

     

    I had no idea there was a game!  I must have!

    @Firefox said:

    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 64.58.191.243:8085.

    umm ... wtf?  why don't they have a proper domain for this server?  And why don't they put the files on there that are SUPPOSED to be there?

    This is ClickOnce deployment, try using it with IE 😞



  • @hallo.amt said:

    This is ClickOnce deployment, try using it with IE 😞

    Doesn't matter, it's the server that doesn't work.



  • TRWTF is that these guys have been around for a few years now and you've only seen them for the first time now



  • @Hitsuji said:

    TRWTF is that these guys have been around for a few years now and you've only seen them for the first time now

    I don't think that's a WTF.  It's protecting our sanity until now.   



  • What makes this funny is purely unintentional on the part of Microsoft.

     

     



  • You know what?  They've added more.

    You've gotta love Server 08: "Dependable and as tough as Mr. T in full body armor..."

    Three words microsoft: WHAT THE FUCK?

    Also:

    "It was at the age of seven during a visit to New York's Central
    Park Zoo that Manhattan-born Windows Mobile Gal first realized her
    power. Desperate to see every animal, she ran as fast as she could from
    penguin to lion to zebra to bear. Next thing she knew, she woke up by
    an ice-cream truck with her parents holding a pack of ice to her head.
    Moving at lightening speed, she'd collided with a rhino."

     



  • Did they hire IBM marketroids by any chance? Those responsible for OS2 and LN promotion?

     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    What makes this funny is purely unintentional on the part of Microsoft.

    Especially with Mr. Bundy's expression next to your comment.  Nicely done! 



  •  @pauluskc said:

    Nicely done! 

    Thread resurrection. Nicely done!



  • I thought this thread was buried. Like a hatchet.

    ISV Super Gal won't even return my phone calls. I'm heartbroken. Maybe I'll go look up [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa]Lisa[/url] and see what she's been up to. She was always there for me ... 



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

     @pauluskc said:

    Nicely done! 

    Thread resurrection. Nicely done!


    I'm happy- I missed this first time round, and now our whole office are laughing. Well bumped, that man.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.