Not sure what I think of these Terms of Service

•  So, should I agree with these?

• Reminds me of when the line feed failed on a dot matrix printer...

• Another great reason to use SpectateSwamp Desktop Search: You don't need to care about the license. Everyone knows the license is "Open Source".

• @GettinSadda said:

So, should I agree with these?

I wouldn't if I were you.  I can distinctly make out the tops and bottoms of the letters that spell "first-born children".

Can't quite see what they intend to /do/ with them, but it can't be good, I'm sure. 

• @DaveK said:

I wouldn't if I were you.  I can distinctly make out the tops and bottoms of the letters that spell "first-born children".

There's a simple solution for that. Go make unprotected wild monkey love on a one-night stand. You won't even miss 'em.

• @AbbydonKrafts said:

Go make unprotected wild monkey love on a one-night stand.

plz send teh codez

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

plz send teh codez

Sorry. They are proprietary. You'll have to invent your own.

•  Those ToS look like legalese in its native font.

@AbbydonKrafts said:

plz send teh codez

Oh! my! god! Please! My colleagues are staring over, I had to laugh so loud. Now I have to do some explaining, why.

• @derula said:

Another great reason to use SpectateSwamp Desktop Search: You don't need to care about the license. Everyone knows the license is "Open Source".

Are you sure you spelled it correctly? I thought SS's code was Open Sores.

• What terms of service are you talking about?

•  @derula said:

Another great reason to use SpectateSwamp Desktop Search: You don't need to care about the license. Everyone knows the license is "Open Source".

WTF is his damn search application anyways? Is it a glorified regex with 10000 lines of wrapper code?

• @dlikhten said:

@derula said:

WTF is his damn search application anyways? Is it a glorified regex with 10000 lines of wrapper code?

There is a 45 page thread detailing this, as well as his source code...

http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/t/7593.aspx

• @dlikhten said:

@derula said:

Were you so lucky. Go search for the thread in the archives. It's pretty amazing, and he's either a legendary troll or a really, really bad programmer.

• As much as I would LOVE to read it (i attempted a few times) I am simply lacking the necessary few hrs... I think we should publish it in portable format so we can read this on our iPods or Zens or Palms while going to work :) Any chance of a quick summary? Like what is the goal? I mean he f-ing posted a video about himself videotaping a squirl.

• @dlikhten said:

Any chance of a quick summary?

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE YOU RETARD.*

That about sums up the whole thread. 

But if you can spare a day or two, I highly recommend it. But please do not read it when you're mentally unstable. 

(That == Everything he says/claims, You == Spectate Swamp)

@AbbydonKrafts said:
    plz send teh codez

I love you. But not in a gay way.
    @KenW said:
    Are you sure you spelled it correctly? I thought SS's code was Open Sores.

Oops, my bad.

By the way, is anyone not using flat view? I feel I screw the idea of threaded view all the time.

• @dlikhten said:

As much as I would LOVE to read it (i attempted a few times) I am simply lacking the necessary few hrs... I think we should publish it in portable format so we can read this on our iPods or Zens or Palms while going to work :) Any chance of a quick summary? Like what is the goal? I mean he f-ing posted a video about himself videotaping a squirl.

The official answer on that is:

1.  Using the page control, go to each page of the discussion.

2.  On each page, hit "CTRL-A" to select everything, "CTRL-C" to copy and then switch to Notepad and "CTRL-V" to append it to a text file.

3.  Open the text file with SSDS.  Enjoy.  Random text and video.  Merge and search.  Faster than trees.

Or for the 1-second summary:

@Tommie said:

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE YOU RETARD.*