Insufficient Space

• Insufficient Space for install

Just one of a series of problems I had installing Lotus Symphony. (The first being that I was told a directory with 755 perms wasn't readable). This one got me laughing though...

First, it's 509M. Then, it's 965M. Then, 11G isn't enough space. How big is it, anyway? 

•  Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

• @joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

If that is indeed the problem, why did they convert the integers that failed the check to a format that doesn't before displaying them?

• I had an installer recently claim that I had 540MB free space.

It wasn't an overflow, it actually meant 540GB.

I don't know whether the size test was also broken because it was only a 5MB program. 

• @joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bytes sometimes.

Fixed that for you.

• @Faxmachinen said:

@joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

If that is indeed the problem, why did they convert the integers that failed the check to a format that doesn't before displaying them?

Also, if you strike the 4096s out of 17375 you still end up with 1447MB - still big enough.

• @Faxmachinen said:

@joemck said:

Perfectionism? 

• On my new laptop, I installed VB6 for some legacy apps...I was a bit ticked when it told me I only had something like 9G free.  Granted, more than enough for most of what I wanted, but I still had to install VS2005 and some other stuff.  So I was going to wait and see how things played out.

After VB6 was done, I pulled up explorer to find out it was really closer to 90G free, VB6 just couldn't handle that much free space I guess.  Studio 2005 got the number right though.

/I know, I know TRWTF is VB

• @taylonr said:

On my new laptop, I installed VB6 for some legacy apps...

So how is SSDS coming along?

• @mann_jess said:

Just one of a series of problems I had installing Lotus Symphony.

And you are continuing to try and install this crap for what reason?