Insufficient Space

• Insufficient Space for install

Just one of a series of problems I had installing Lotus Symphony. (The first being that I was told a directory with 755 perms wasn't readable). This one got me laughing though...

First, it's 509M. Then, it's 965M. Then, 11G isn't enough space. How big is it, anyway? 

•  Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

• @joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

If that is indeed the problem, why did they convert the integers that failed the check to a format that doesn't before displaying them?

• I had an installer recently claim that I had 540MB free space.

It wasn't an overflow, it actually meant 540GB.

I don't know whether the size test was also broken because it was only a 5MB program. 

• @joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bytes sometimes.

Fixed that for you.

• @Faxmachinen said:

@joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby 2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

If that is indeed the problem, why did they convert the integers that failed the check to a format that doesn't before displaying them?

Also, if you strike the 4096s out of 17375 you still end up with 1447MB - still big enough.

• @Faxmachinen said:

@joemck said:

Select a drive with less than 4 GB (or possiby
    2 GB) free instead. Integer overflow really bites sometimes.

Perfectionism? 

• On my new laptop, I installed VB6 for some legacy apps...I was a bit ticked when it told me I only had something like 9G free.  Granted, more than enough for most of what I wanted, but I still had to install VS2005 and some other stuff.  So I was going to wait and see how things played out.

After VB6 was done, I pulled up explorer to find out it was really closer to 90G free, VB6 just couldn't handle that much free space I guess.  Studio 2005 got the number right though.

/I know, I know TRWTF is VB

• @taylonr said:

On my new laptop, I installed VB6 for some legacy apps...

So how is SSDS coming along?

• @mann_jess said:

Just one of a series of problems I had installing Lotus Symphony.

And you are continuing to try and install this crap for what reason?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.