Scientology BOGOF?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

• Yes, the COS is TRWTF, why does this merit a side-bar post?

• I think the CoS is a WTF as much as the next guy, but that picture is photoshopped.  This isn't worth a Sidebar post. 

• Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• Fun site!

• @Heron said:

I think the CoS is a WTF as much as the next guy, but that picture is photoshopped.  This isn't worth a Sidebar post. 

Actually it is just a standard online church sign generator.

• @GettinSadda said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a tape actually have a pretty large storange capacity? I thought it was mostly abandoned as a digital medium because of the - erm - rather long seek times, even though it could compare to a CD if you just count space. Which is the reason they are still used so much in backup drives, where seeking is rarely necessary.

Any knowledge on this? 

• @PSWorx said:

@GettinSadda said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a tape actually have a pretty large storange capacity? I thought it was mostly abandoned as a digital medium because of the - erm - rather long seek times, even though it could compare to a CD if you just count space. Which is the reason they are still used so much in backup drives, where seeking is rarely necessary.

Any knowledge on this? 

The Original IBM 5150 PC tape drive (the only standard PC system that used audio cassettes) used a system with a single square wave of a period 500us = 0 and a single square wave of a period 1000us = 1. This gives an overall average of about 350 bytes per second maximum.

At that rate a whole 4.7GByte DVD-ROM would take about 4000 hours.

So,  3147 tapes for the whole bloatware that is Vista seems about right.

• @GettinSadda said:

The Original IBM 5150 PC tape drive (the only standard PC system that used audio cassettes) used a system with a single square wave of a period 500us = 0 and a single square wave of a period 1000us = 1. This gives an overall average of about 350 bytes per second maximum.

At that rate a whole 4.7GByte DVD-ROM would take about 4000 hours.

So,  3147 tapes for the whole bloatware that is Vista seems about right.

Wow. That's some geek-fu right there. Also, that's one of the most novel, and amusing, uses of a generator that I've ever seen.

Back to beating Codethulu upside the head some more... damn this thing!