Unsubscribe

• Considered Harmful

I'm stealing his name as my new pseudonym.

Regards,
    Prakasam Venkatachalam

•  Why am I receiving this?  Please send the codez to remove me from this forum, thnx.

• @Eternal Density said:

Why am I receiving this?  Please send the codez to remove me from this forum, thnx.

Please send me the codez too, thx.

• @CrouchSoft said:

Fail!

Where's the WTF here? Join any decently-large email list, and you'll see one or two of these a month. Admittedly, they're usually in broken English rather than second-language English.

• @Carnildo said:

@CrouchSoft said:

Fail!

Where's the WTF here? Join any decently-large email list, and you'll see one or two of these a month. Admittedly, they're usually in broken English rather than second-language English.

pleze to unsubscribe me to

hehehe

• @Carnildo said:

Admittedly, they're usually in broken English rather than second-language English.

How can you tell the difference?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@emurphy said:

@Carnildo said:

Admittedly, they're usually in broken English rather than second-language English.

The latter is understandable and is written by people who's mother tounge isn't English and usually make an effort to be understood.

The former is by lazy sods who think that anything with a keyboard is a mobile phone ripe for txt msg speak and/or has half the alphabet missing.

• @PJH said:

@emurphy said:

@Carnildo said:

The latter is understandable and is written by people who's mother tounge isn't English and usually make an effort to be understood.

The former is by lazy sods who think that anything with a keyboard is a mobile phone ripe for txt msg speak and/or has half the alphabet missing.

i dnt unerstan wut u r sayin 

• I hav da Codez, so just writ me an eMail, and i forvard them 2 yu!

• The best bit is when these things snowball. A few more people reply with "plz remove me too!!!!", a few more people chime in with variations of "you idiot, it says in the footer how to unsubscribe". Then someone will use a suitable swearword to communicate with the too-thick-to-unsubscribe people. That prompts a few self righteous people defending the stupid people.

After these initial 50 messages, the masses of stupids who have been tolerating those few emails a week chime in asking to be removed too, followed by just as many people trying again and again to educate the uneducatable unsubscribers. Some crazy woman will scream about her children reading the many swearwords that have emerged by this point, and demands to be unsubscribed too. Then the messages of "stop sending messages telling people how to unsubscribe, you're just making it worse!" come along.

Soon after, the list owner comes along, thinks "WTF?!?!?!" and deletes the list. There are many amusing records of these on the net, some well worth reading.

Single "plz unsubscribe me!!!11one!"" posts just don't cut it any more!

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@RayS said:

The best bit is when these things snowball.

There are many amusing records of these on the net, some well worth reading.

Some of them make it on here: http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/A-Gift-from-Above.aspx 

• I can has unsbscrbe?