FAQ, Infrequently Asked Questions and Unasked Questions





  • Marketoids with a sense of humor? No . . . that can't possibly be.



  • Har!

    People who write like that aren't marketoids. Or Marketoids with a strong friendly-application background. It's the same tone as Flickr.
     



  • Q: Do I need to confirm a letter before it goes out?

    A: The default is for letters to automatically mail after you send them to our system. There is a minimum two hour delay before they are sent for printing, so you'll always have a chance to proof them. If you prefer, you can change your preferences to require confirmation. In this case, all letters will be held until you explicitly approve them


    So the default setting allows anybody to fake my email address and send a message for free, provided I'm not around for 2 hours to see the misuse of my account?  Not to self: turn on secret word and "require confirmation" if you ever decide to use this service. 



  • There's a question missing from their FAQ:

    "How the hell are you going to get enough people lazy enough to be willing to pay a 50 cent premium on letters mailed, with enough corrispondance that needs to be sent that it's worth their time and effort to use your service, that doesn't already have a secretary?"

    I mean, this is like sockpuppets.com or something.



  • @Volmarias said:

    There's a question missing from their FAQ:

    "How the hell are you going to get enough people lazy enough to be willing to pay a 50 cent premium on letters mailed, with enough corrispondance that needs to be sent that it's worth their time and effort to use your service, that doesn't already have a secretary?"

    I mean, this is like sockpuppets.com or something.

     I don't know.. I think this isn't a half bad idea. I don't think it will be the next big rage, but overall I can imagine a lot of people doing this.

     It certainly fills a gap...an admittedly small gap. But a gap nonetheless.



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @Volmarias said:

    There's a question missing from their FAQ:

    "How the hell are you going to get enough people lazy enough to be willing to pay a 50 cent premium on letters mailed, with enough corrispondance that needs to be sent that it's worth their time and effort to use your service, that doesn't already have a secretary?"

    I mean, this is like sockpuppets.com or something.

     I don't know.. I think this isn't a half bad idea. I don't think it will be the next big rage, but overall I can imagine a lot of people doing this.

     It certainly fills a gap...an admittedly small gap. But a gap nonetheless.


    Save on: paper, printer ink/toner, and great if you don't have a printer/don't want to figure out how much postage is now.



  • @Lingerance said:

    @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @Volmarias said:

    There's a question missing from their FAQ: "How the hell are you going to get enough people lazy enough to be willing to pay a 50 cent premium on letters mailed, with enough corrispondance that needs to be sent that it's worth their time and effort to use your service, that doesn't already have a secretary?" I mean, this is like sockpuppets.com or something.

     I don't know.. I think this isn't a half bad idea. I don't think it will be the next big rage, but overall I can imagine a lot of people doing this.

     It certainly fills a gap...an admittedly small gap. But a gap nonetheless.

    Save on: paper, printer ink/toner, and great if you don't have a printer/don't want to figure out how much postage is now.

    A typical user might be a small company, probably run from a home out in the middle of the rural countryside miles from any postoffice/postbox. Not everyone is on the internet yet.

    J



  • @JonAxtell said:

    @Lingerance said:
    @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @Volmarias said:

    There's a question missing from their FAQ: "How the hell are you going to get enough people lazy enough to be willing to pay a 50 cent premium on letters mailed, with enough corrispondance that needs to be sent that it's worth their time and effort to use your service, that doesn't already have a secretary?" I mean, this is like sockpuppets.com or something.

     I don't know.. I think this isn't a half bad idea. I don't think it will be the next big rage, but overall I can imagine a lot of people doing this.

     It certainly fills a gap...an admittedly small gap. But a gap nonetheless.

    Save on: paper, printer ink/toner, and great if you don't have a printer/don't want to figure out how much postage is now.

    A typical user might be a small company, probably run from a home out in the middle of the rural countryside miles from any postoffice/postbox. Not everyone is on the internet yet.

    J

    If they don't have the internet, how are they even going to use this service? Or do you mean that the recipients are not on the internet?





  • @PSWorx said:


    I just shat a brick or three


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.