Your database is running slow

• Just seen that during chat with support. Client is complaining about...

these "uploads" run at what we would call "normal" speed [... on test database ...]

On this other site I tried uploading the same file [...] on the Initech site takes over half an hour.

Let's see.... from slowlog

# Query_time: 11  Lock_time: 1  Rows_sent: 90310  Rows_examined: 452427
    SELECT * FROM abc WHERE  dID = '0';

(dID is not unique of course and count of each is 1, unless it's 90310)

# Query_time: 18  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 262476  Rows_examined: 978548
    select concat(  '"',dNo,' ' ,dWhatever,'"' , ',' '"',dNo,'"' , ',' '"',dWhatever,'"' ) as alltogether from abc group by dNo;

Other funny things include float quantity, string price, ids as varchar(255) when it's max size is so far 3, etc...
    Database config probably could be optimized, but as they are the only ones complaining - I think noone here cares, until they optimize their side...

• Sorry, no. I can't understand your banter at all.

• Funny. I figured something core dumped on the sidebar. Now I see this might have been a post at some point.

• @poochner said:

Sorry, no. I can't understand your banter at all.

The real WTF here is that the DBA guys are taking over the site. I neither have an idea of what he is saying.
    Must post some C++ WTF.

• @tray said:

@poochner said:
    Sorry, no. I can't understand your banter at all.

The real WTF here is that the DBA guys are taking over the site. I neither have an idea of what he is saying.
    Must post some C++ WTF.

I can understand the WTFs of which he speaks... but I agree the post is very hard to read.

• Sorry - too much exposure to sun / real world destroys my geek writing skills :)

Guess my English gets even worse when I'm mad at some moron - but I just needed to blow off some steam... but that's what sidebar is for (sometimes)

• Well, since I can't understand it either, I'll just hijack the thread to say, I'm gone for a few months and BAM!  The site is back to The Daily WTF!!!!!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF???!?!?!?!??

Sorry, I'm done now.