Lefty-loosey, righty-imanidiot



  • Me again, with another boss-iticity-itude-ness-ification.

    Anyways.........."the man", yesterday, asked if I knew the sales tax for our state(MI). 

    Please read the above sentence again.  That seems a totally appropriate question to ask if you're 7 years old and are confused because tax are those things your teacher uses to pin your handpaintings to the wall.  But since this man was born and raised here, and has lived here for several decades I just can't fathom how such a mystery has gone unanswered.  Even the people in Ohio probably know our freaking sales tax.  The guy who moved to MI an hour ago already knows it.

    I'm quite certain I'll see him driving down the left side of the road some day......



  • As much as I hate to do this ...

    I have no idea what my state sales tax is (CA), and I've lived here my whole life. Between the almost-annual tiny increments and the local add-ons, I quit trying to keep track. I know that locally, the sales tax is 7.75% ... but don't know (or much care) what portion of that is state or county imposed ...

    I wanna move to Michigan, where things are simple ...



  • wait, you mean you cant drive on the left in the US??? o man, thats why i kept getting pulled over in ny....



  • Sure sign of an idiot: Doesn't know the sales tax rate.



    I know sales tax in my area is 7.25% or is that 8.5%? Maybe it was 7.75%.. I can never remember. It all depends on

    1. What the city charges on top of the base rate,
    2. Whether the major city's mass transit is in the area.
    3. Other factors (that I can't think of)




  • @ItsAllGeekToMe said:

    Me again, with another boss-iticity-itude-ness-ification.

    Anyways.........."the man", yesterday, asked if I knew the sales tax for our state(MI). 

    Please read the above sentence again.  That seems a totally appropriate question to ask if you're 7 years old and are confused because tax are those things your teacher uses to pin your handpaintings to the wall.  But since this man was born and raised here, and has lived here for several decades I just can't fathom how such a mystery has gone unanswered.  Even the people in Ohio probably know our freaking sales tax.  The guy who moved to MI an hour ago already knows it.

    I'm quite certain I'll see him driving down the left side of the road some day......



    I assume that your organization is the sales tax auditors for the state of  MI?   Only auditors care.   Clerks just give everyone the bill the computer spits out.   Someone typed those numbers into the computer, but once they verified them nobody will look again until the auditors come calling.

    As Albert Einstein said "I never remember anything I can look up in a book."   Sales tax rate is one piece of trivia that you can always look up in a book if you need it.    You almost never need it, so it isn't worth memorizing.


  • I'm not so much concerned with the fact that he couldn't remember the sales tax (honestly I've never known the sales tax of my home state since I left Delaware- home of tax-free shopping!), I'm more concerned with 'why does this idiot care?' Why would he bother someone else with this obscure question? If it came up in conversation, then OK maybe it's legit, but otherwise that's something that you should look up on your own. I hate when people call me down to their office to ask me something that I end up telling them to Google search for. Learn to search for answers on your own, idiots!



  • @Manni said:

    I hate when people call me down to their office to
    ask me something that I end up telling them to Google search for. Learn
    to search for answers on your own, idiots!




    Ahh...  I misunderstood the rant...



    Though if your boss is as bad at searching the Internet as one guy I
    know, it was time and money ahead for the company to call you down,
    interrupting your train of thought, to do the search for
    him.   Even if it means you get nothing done for the next hour.


    Of course this is the guy who cannot find porn on the Internet.   He
    has tried, he cannot find it.  (This was after some bet with his
    wife.  She can find it in seconds, he cannot)



  • @hank miller said:

    @Manni said:
    I hate when people call me down to their office to ask me something that I end up telling them to Google search for. Learn to search for answers on your own, idiots!


    Ahh...  I misunderstood the rant...

    Though if your boss is as bad at searching the Internet as one guy I know, it was time and money ahead for the company to call you down, interrupting your train of thought, to do the search for him.   Even if it means you get nothing done for the next hour.

    Of course this is the guy who cannot find porn on the Internet.   He has tried, he cannot find it.  (This was after some bet with his wife.  She can find it in seconds, he cannot)

    I don't know if that was Geek's point about the sales tax question, that's just how I would interpret the situation.

    As for porn, I don't need to go online. I downloaded it all.

    -> C:\Porn\Facials\Hasselhoff



  • I wonder if this guy workes for the State of Michigan, then I would not be suprised ...



  • @Manni said:

    @hank miller said:

    @Manni said:
    I
    hate when people call me down to their office to ask me something that
    I end up telling them to Google search for. Learn to search for answers
    on your own, idiots!


    Ahh...  I misunderstood the rant...

    Though
    if your boss is as bad at searching the Internet as one guy I know, it
    was time and money ahead for the company to call you down, interrupting
    your train of thought, to do the search for him.   Even if it
    means you get nothing done for the next hour.

    Of course this is
    the guy who cannot find porn on the Internet.   He has tried,
    he cannot find it.  (This was after some bet with his wife. 
    She can find it in seconds, he cannot)

    I don't know if that was Geek's point about the sales tax question, that's just how I would interpret the situation.

    As for porn, I don't need to go online. I downloaded it all.

    -> C:\Porn\Facials\Hasselhoff



    so thats why i cant find it - you downloaded it ALL!!
    leave some for others next time!!

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.