Something went wrong

•  BBC

Call Centre: Right sir what seems to be the problem?
    Bob : Something went wrong
    Call Centre: Can you explain to me what's gone wrong?
    Bob: No that's all it says
    Call Centre: Is there an error message you can read to me?
    Bob: Something went wrong
    Call Centre:

The new online version of the BBC iPlayer for anyone wondering.

• Nice.

We used to run some backup software which gave us a message box entitled "disaster", with the message "something has gone wrong".  I particularly liked the fact that it was all in lowercase so as not to appear too alarming.

• I've been known to throw the occasional "SomethingHasGoneHorriblyWrongException" as well as "UserIsAMoronException" in early development and prototype code.

It usually occurs when I'm not yet ready to bombproof a method.  I figure, one day, one will slip through to production.

• @mightybaldking said:

I've been known to throw the occasional "SomethingHasGoneHorriblyWrongException" as well as "UserIsAMoronException" in early development and prototype code.

It usually occurs when I'm not yet ready to bombproof a method.  I figure, one day, one will slip through to production.

The user may be a moron, but he was clever enough to figure out how to destroy your application.

• @Volmarias said:

@mightybaldking said:

I've been known to throw the occasional "SomethingHasGoneHorriblyWrongException" as well as "UserIsAMoronException" in early development and prototype code.

The user may be a moron, but he was clever enough to figure out how to destroy your application.

That one's usually thrown when we haven't got around to validating input yet or  in prototype code where we're not going to bother at all.

Please enter your six digit account number: 78349834958344343 [enter]

Would be a typical case. 

• Yeah but c'mon, sometimes they just are aren't they?

Anyway this one's going in my next application...