US Airways respects your privacy

• I tried to unsubscribe, but it told me ##%#EMAIL_ADDR## wasn't a valid e-mail.

• YES! NOW I CAN SELL YOUR EMAIL TO SPAMMERS for 1/100th of a cent!!!! Mr. %%#%EMAIL_ADDR/%%

• Please sir, email me the codze.

My email is %%#%EMAIL_ADDR/%%.

• Percent Percent Pound Percent Identifier Slash Percent Percent?!?

I hope I don't ever have to use whatever system THAT is from...

• @superjer said:

Percent Percent Pound Percent Identifier Slash Percent Percent?!?

That's the bit that made me shudder.

Does anyone know what language that might be? It looks like it could be a fruitful hunting ground for WTFs.

• @aihtdikh said:

@superjer said:

Does anyone know what language that might be? It looks like it could be a fruitful hunting ground for WTFs.

Perhaps this identifier is not characteristic of any language, but rather a placeholder that results from a case of input paranoia.

After all, marketing might conceivably use %%#EMAIL_ADDR/%% in their email text elsewhere without wanting it replaced. Hence the extra % in %%#%EMAIL_ADDR/%%.

• @Arancaytar said:

@aihtdikh said:
    @superjer said:

Perhaps this identifier is not characteristic of any language, but rather a placeholder that results from a case of input paranoia.

After all, marketing might conceivably use %%#EMAIL_ADDR/%% in their email text elsewhere without wanting it replaced. Hence the extra % in %%#%EMAIL_ADDR/%%.

Appropriate, from a company that could help you ESCAPE such WTFs along with your country.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.