See your network's product keys!

•  

See if you can find anything interesting in the second screenshot... 

•  Ugh... 1280x960 GIFs are evil...

• @ajg said:

Ugh... 1280x960 GIFs are evil...

It's only 466KB, which really isn't that big. But yeah, they should've used PNG.

• @MrMan said:

@ajg said:

Ugh... 1280x960 GIFs are evil...

It's only 466KB, which really isn't that big. But yeah, they should've used PNG.

WTF rule: If there are two WTFs, the less important one will be commented on first. 

• They could be fake...

But that seems unlikely. 

• I like how DEVELOP03 has an uptime of -253 days.

• @Steve Ballmer said:

DEVELOP, DEVELOP, DEVELOP, DEVELOP DEVELOP!

:) 

• Are the Windows Keys real or fake? Did anyone care to check? :)

• The REAL WTF is that there's a Windows NT 4.0 computer on the network, and its ID is "Use Product ID for Windows NT 4.0"

Seriously though, this looks like a good tool.

• Being the do-gooder that I am (:p) I emailed these guys, and got the response that they're not real product keys (at least, if any are they were generated by pure fluke), they just generated a set of fake ones because they thought it would make for a nicer screenshot than blurred ones. 

I'd never heard of them or their tool before but after seeing that screenshot posted on here, I checked it out and it looks pretty good.  The guy also said that in the new screenshot update they'll be doing shortly, they plan to leave a note at the footer to indicate that they're not real keys. I told him he should leave it as is because it made good "accidental advertising" ;)

• @bobday said:

Are the Windows Keys real or fake? Did anyone care to check? :)

I tried changing the key on my Windows XP virtual machine to one of the listed ones using Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, but it didn't seem to work...

• @Nozz said:

Being the do-gooder that I am (:p) I emailed these guys, and got the response that they're not real product keys (at least, if any are they were generated by pure fluke), they just generated a set of fake ones because they thought it would make for a nicer screenshot than blurred ones.

If they WERE real keys, I daresay they aren't now, after pirates have used them to oblivion, and MS responded by disabling them, and forcing even their original owners to purchase new licenses.

• @Nozz said:

Being the do-gooder that I am (:p) I emailed these guys, and got the response that they're not real product keys (at least, if any are they were generated by pure fluke), they just generated a set of fake ones because they thought it would make for a nicer screenshot than blurred ones. 

I'd never heard of them or their tool before but after seeing that screenshot posted on here, I checked it out and it looks pretty good.  The guy also said that in the new screenshot update they'll be doing
    shortly, they plan to leave a note at the footer to indicate that
    they're not real keys. I told him he should leave it as is because it made good "accidental advertising" ;)

Not sure I believe that, without actually testing, if they were randomly generated, how come DEVELOP55 and DEVELOP59 have the same key?

• @mallard said:

Not sure I believe that, without actually testing, if they were randomly generated, how come DEVELOP55 and DEVELOP59 have the same key?

srand(time(NULL));
    if (rand() != rand()) {
      DoSomething();
    } else {
      //this should never happen
      FormatC();
    }