Microsoft kills Santa Claus

• So this story is all over the place but I thought I'd post it here for anyone who doesn't check the various news site :¬)

• OMG! they killed Kenny!

• Either

They modified an existing chatbot that knew these words, or

They used something similar to jabberwacky.

• @Tann San said:

So this story is all over the place but I thought I'd post it here for anyone who doesn't check the various news site :¬)

KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! 

• Jabberwacky :? What do you mean?

• @Quincy5 said:

Jabberwacky :? What do you mean?

The pig go. Go is to the fountain. The pig put foot. Grunt. Foot in what? ketchup. The dove fly. Fly is in sky. The dove drop something. The something on the pig. The pig  disgusting. The pig rattle. Rattle with dove. The dove angry. The pig leave. The dove produce. Produce is chicken wing. With wing bark. No Quack.

• @Quincy5 said:

Jabberwacky :? What do you mean?

Ladies and gentlemen, hello and welcome to Guide Saturday's Internet Tour Bus.

Our first stop: To your left, you will see a famous search engine:

Google 

And as we continue along the information superhighway, look to your right, and you will see a well-known encyclopedia:

Wikipedia

• Why such childish reactions? As if I am the first one to ask a (with hindsight somewhat stupid) question, because I saw a word I have never heard of before and was to lazy at the time to look it up.

• @Quincy5 said:

Why such childish reactions? As if I am the first one to ask a (with hindsight somewhat stupid) question, because I saw a word I have never heard of before and was to lazy at the time to look it up.

Nor am I the first one to make an overblown post to the effect of Just Google It. Besides, finding those images was better than doing my goddamn (non-IT) project.

• Why do I have this feeling that they made the conversation database out of all the MSN conversations they snooped on? That would certainly explain the sex and drugs fixation.

Of course the real WTF is MSN Messenger itself. Chat and file transfers go through Hotmail servers (just a reverse-DNS lookup but hey, that's where they have tons of storage, right?), there's no support for resuming file transfers (hello, even ZMODEM did that) and sometimes the client will just censor some messages without any warning whatsoever.

• @bdew said:

OMG! they killed Kenny!

You bastards!

Also, from the rest of the posts in this thread, I think I've come up with a new catchphrase.  RTFG (read the fucking google).  Maybe RTFW (read the fucking wikipedia).

What do you think? 

• @belgariontheking said:

Also, from the rest of the posts in this thread, I think I've come up with a new catchphrase.  RTFG (read the fucking google).  Maybe RTFW (read the fucking wikipedia).

What do you think? 

I'd go with the second one. The first one would be like telling people to read the Index of a book. It's not very informative. It's the results that need to be read. Maybe something like SFG, but then it breaks the whole "RTF<>" format.

• @belgariontheking said:

@bdew said:

OMG! they killed Kenny!

You bastards!

What do you think? 

Link