You wanted WHAT PAGE???



  • <FONT color=#800080>http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/mewtwo064/whatpage.jpg</FONT>

     First post :D sorry if it's been found before x3

    wasnt sure if i wanted to go to page P, page 5, page o, page 8, page ( ;, or page it .............. o.O



  • I don't know if it's been posted before either, but damn, that thing is hard to read.

    Options:

    1. Don't resize the final image.
    2. Resize the window so that the screenshot would be smaller.
    3. Just crop out the relevant part.



  • @AbbydonKrafts said:

    I don't know if it's been posted before either, but damn, that thing is hard to read.

    Options:
    1. Don't resize the final image.
    2. Resize the window so that the screenshot would be smaller.
    3. Just crop out the relevant part.

    You forgot:

    0: Don't post screen shots as JPEG! 



  • @gremlin said:

    You forgot:

    0: Don't post screen shots as JPEG! 



    Doh! How could I have forgotten to mention that?! Thanks for chiming in with that one. :-)



  • Also forgot:

    -1: By using Internet Explorer, you lose your right to complain about web sites not displaying properly.
     



  • @ailivac said:

    Also forgot:

    -1: By using Internet Explorer, you lose your right to complain about web sites not displaying properly.
     

     

    Not complaining, just thought it was a tad messed up =P



  • @gremlin said:

    @AbbydonKrafts said:
    I don't know if it's been posted before either, but damn, that thing is hard to read.

    Options:

    1. Don't resize the final image.
    2. Resize the window so that the screenshot would be smaller.
    3. Just crop out the relevant part.

    You forgot:

    0: Don't post screen shots as JPEG! 

     

    oops. my bad ^_^;; here's a better shot http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/mewtwo064/whatpage2.gif



  • @mewtwo064 said:

    oops. my bad ^_^;; here's a better shot http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/mewtwo064/whatpage2.gif

     

    Thanks for circling the only thing in the picture :) 



  • Please convert to .BMP



  • @JoPo said:

    Please convert to .BMP

    Or please don't. .PNG will do fine. 



  • The Real WTF is that this was a JPEG first, then saved as GIF.  But ok, it's cropped and I can read the text.



  • @ailivac said:

    Also forgot:

    -1: By using Internet Explorer, you lose your right to complain about web sites not displaying properly.
     

    By using (insert any browser you want to diss) here, you lose your right to complain about web sites not displaying properly. I suspect more pages render wrongly in firefox than IE, even more in Konqueror,while Dillo and Lynx do things how they damn well like in any case. The only way to avoid all rendering problems is to read the HTML and visualise the finished page yourself.



  • And then everyone will find something about the page not displaying correctly. In most cases the browser hides the real WTFs that are hidden in the HTML



  • @broekage said:

    @mewtwo064 said:

    oops. my bad ^_^;; here's a better shot http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/mewtwo064/whatpage2.gif

     

    Thanks for circling the only thing in the picture :) 

     

    That was already there from a bigger full screen shot I took lol. Was too lazy to edit it out >.>;



  • @gremlin said:

    @AbbydonKrafts said:
    I don't know if it's been posted before either, but damn, that thing is hard to read.

    Options:
    1. Don't resize the final image.
    2. Resize the window so that the screenshot would be smaller.
    3. Just crop out the relevant part.

    You forgot:

    0: Don't post screen shots as JPEG! 

    Alternatively, save your JPEG with 100% quality, which (assuming you're using a half-decent image editor) is generally suitable for most occasions.



  • @m0ffx said:

    @ailivac said:
    [...]

    [...] The only way to avoid all rendering problems is to read the HTML and visualise the finished page yourself.

    Reply of the month :)

    Im going to put this sentence on my T-shirt


     


     



  • @j6cubic said:

    @gremlin said:
    @AbbydonKrafts said:
    I don't know if it's been posted before either, but damn, that thing is hard to read.

    Options:

    1. Don't resize the final image.
    2. Resize the window so that the screenshot would be smaller.
    3. Just crop out the relevant part.

    You forgot:

    0: Don't post screen shots as JPEG! 

    Alternatively, save your JPEG with 100% quality, which (assuming you're using a half-decent image editor) is generally suitable for most occasions.

     Ok. I saved it as 100% quality. What happened was, the picture was originally about 1280x800 (minus the task bar), but photobucket resized the image and really compressed the crap out of it. Sorry guys. I'll follow the above from now on,  namely cropping it xD.



  • @svennieboy said:

    @JoPo said:

    Please convert to .BMP

    Or please don't. .PNG will do fine. 

     Please send me teh source!
     



  • @mewtwo064 said:

    Sorry guys. I'll follow the above from now on, namely cropping it xD.

    You might also want to lay off the anime emoticons. Unless, y'know, you want people to think you're 12-year-old girl. 



  • speaking of page numbers, yesterday a co-worker attempted to print the page numbered as page 2 in a MS word document.  but she instead printed page 2 of the document, since the numbering doesn't start at the first page (which is not uncommon)

    so naturally she told it to print page 6 of the document, which is the page numbered 2.  Word responded to this by printing the page numbered 6.

    So how does one print the page numbered 2?????? 



  • @Eternal Density said:

    So how does one print the page numbered 2?????? 

     "Print current page", doi.
     



  • @Zylon said:

    @Eternal Density said:

    So how does one print the page numbered 2??????

     "Print current page", doi.
     



    LOL!! Sorry.. I really laughed on this one since I've been using "Print current page" for who knows how long. I guess some people have never needed it and wouldn't have known about it.



  • @mewtwo064 said:

    Ok. I saved it as 100% quality. What happened was, the picture was originally about 1280x800 (minus the task bar), but photobucket resized the image and really compressed the crap out of it. Sorry guys. I'll follow the above from now on, namely cropping it.


    Good. If the final image doesn't convey what the cropped image came from, a textual description will usually suffice.

    Also, PNG is the format of choice, especially after cropping. With proper optimization, the file size can be small without loss of clarity. The problem with 100% quality JPG is it doesn't save much from BMP in a lot of cases. JPG uses lossy compression, so if you have a screenshot with thousands of colors, 100% quality will greatly increase the file size. For your cropped image, though, you're safe because there is a lot of whitespace (which compresses well).

    Finally: I believe you can tell Photobucket to not resize an image on upload. That will prevent resizing and the resulting save by Photobucket in a super-compressed format. I use Imageshack and know that it has the option to preserve dimensions (among other options).



  • @AbbydonKrafts said:

    @mewtwo064 said:
    Ok. I saved it as 100% quality. What happened was, the picture was originally about 1280x800 (minus the task bar), but photobucket resized the image and really compressed the crap out of it. Sorry guys. I'll follow the above from now on, namely cropping it.


    Good. If the final image doesn't convey what the cropped image came from, a textual description will usually suffice.

    Also, PNG is the format of choice, especially after cropping. With proper optimization, the file size can be small without loss of clarity. The problem with 100% quality JPG is it doesn't save much from BMP in a lot of cases. JPG uses lossy compression, so if you have a screenshot with thousands of colors, 100% quality will greatly increase the file size. For your cropped image, though, you're safe because there is a lot of whitespace (which compresses well).

    Finally: I believe you can tell Photobucket to not resize an image on upload. That will prevent resizing and the resulting save by Photobucket in a super-compressed format. I use Imageshack and know that it has the option to preserve dimensions (among other options).

     Ahh nice. Thanks for the tips :)


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.