Whirlpool

• Not a WTF but I just had to share.

Go to any page that's got lots of images (not counting banners), any thread from here with lots of different people posting should do.

Then copy the code from here, and paste on the address bar.

• I was working on one that added a textbox to the bottom of your page and allowed you to run any code, but I can't get it to work. Maybe someone else could help.

javascript: var aBox = document.createElement("textarea");aBox.style.width = "50em";aBox.style.height = "7em";aBox.ondblclick = new Function("eval(this.value);");aBox.value="Insert your code here and double click to execute";document.body.appendChild(aBox);void(0);

• @yet another Matt said:

I was working on one that added a textbox to the bottom of your page and allowed you to run any code, but I can't get it to work. Maybe someone else could help.

javascript: var aBox = document.createElement("textarea");aBox.style.width = "50em";aBox.style.height = "7em";aBox.ondblclick = new Function("eval(this.value);");aBox.value="Insert your code here and double click to execute";document.body.appendChild(aBox);void(0);

javascript:

• @ChZEROHag said:

@yet another Matt said:

I was working on one that added a textbox to the bottom of your page and allowed you to run any code, but I can't get it to work. Maybe someone else could help.

javascript:

As opposed to? What other client-side scripting language is there that will run in most web browsers?

Seems to work for me using Opera 9.24:

• Same on FF 2.0.0.9

And also on IE 7.0, where isn't it working?

• [quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

Not a WTF but I just had to share.

Go to any page that's got lots of images (not counting banners), any thread from here with lots of different people posting should do.

[/quote]

Is there a good reason it's not working on this forum with firefox?  It just messes up the images on the page, but does not make them whirl around. 

This is what i use. 

javascript:var e=prompt('Enter Code to Evaluate', '');if(e!=null){eval(e);}void 0;

I have it as a shortcut on my bookbars toolbar. So i can just click the button and paste code to execute.

• @belgariontheking said:

[quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

Not a WTF but I just had to share.

Is there a good reason it's not working on this forum with firefox?  It just messes up the images on the page, but does not make them whirl around.[/quote]

It only works in quirks mode, this forum is in standards compliance mode.

• @m0ffx said:

javascript:

As opposed to? What other client-side scripting language is there that will run in most web browsers?

What do you mean "As opposed to"? How do you infer opposition from that?

You'll find out what I mean if you visit the url 'javascript:'

• I created a bookmark that sits right on my toolbar, and I've been checking how it works for various websites.  Sometimes the images are links.  Sometimes they are navigation links.  Imagine trying to click a link that's moving (although predictably) all over the page.

• @ChZEROHag said:

@m0ffx said:

javascript:

Ah. I hadn't thought of that.

If someone posts that they have a problem with a particular language, replying with the name of the language can be construed as meaning "the choice of language is your problem". 

• @m0ffx said:

@ChZEROHag said:

@m0ffx said:

javascript:

If someone posts that they have a problem with a particular language, replying with the name of the language can be construed as meaning "the choice of language is your problem". 

vbscript>javascript

• @plazmo said:

vbscript < javascript

fixed that for you.

How could something be better if it only works in one browser?  I realize IE has market share, but it's still just ONE browser.  

Not that it's always easy to get javascript working the same way in every browser, but at least it's possible. 

• sigh  I remember the cool vbscript I used to have on my website that made the background scroll.

• @m0ffx said:

@ChZEROHag said:

@m0ffx said:

javascript:

That would be "javascript." - he said "javascript:". As always, punctuation matters. 

• "javascript:" looks more like the code got eaten by the forumgrue.

• @m0ffx said:

Well not everyone needs to enter puerile language arguments. We all know VB, PHP, C++, Java, JavaScript and C# suck. There's no need to repeat it.

Oh and ASP.* and *.Net.

@plazmo said:

vbscript < javascript

fixed that for you.

How could something be better if it only works in one browser?  I realize IE has market share, but it's still just ONE browser.  

Not that it's always easy to get javascript working the same way in every browser, but at least it's possible. 

Saying javascript is better because it works in all browsers is like saying anal sex is better because it works on all genders.

• @m0ffx said:

@belgariontheking said:
    @plazmo said:

vbscript < javascript

fixed that for you.

Saying javascript is better because it works in all browsers is like saying anal sex is better because it works on all genders.

I hope you're joking.  Let's assume you are.  Let's run with this.

That's why I keep extra body parts (javascript code) around.  There's no telling who I'm going to have to have sex with tonight.  A guy (IE) could come along, or a woman (Firefox) could come along.  Or something weird, like a sheep (Opera).  Maybe it'll be an ant (Lynx). 

Feel free to switch the male/female browsers depending on your sexual preference and preference in browsers.   

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@belgariontheking said:

@m0ffx said:
    @belgariontheking said:

I hope you're joking.  <snip>

1/2 joking I suspect. It's a play on http://bash.org/?338364

Maybe it'll be an ant (Lynx). 

Wouldn't Lynx be...err...a LYNX? :-P

And yes I was paraphrasing that bash quote.

• @m0ffx said:

@belgariontheking said:

Maybe it'll be an ant (Lynx). 

Wouldn't Lynx be...err...a LYNX? :-P

yeah, using the same word to describe both might have worked.  I was trying to find something ridiculous to have sex with, much as it would be ridiculous to expect javascript to work on Lynx (the browser). 

Lynx probably supports some js, but to expect google maps to run in lynx is a bit ridiculous.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Even if I am wrong, vbscript will never run in Lynx.

I was trying to find something ridiculous to have sex with

Quote Of The Week.