Wufoo Negative Forms

• First off, Hello, my name is Stephen, I'm new to the forums be have been reading WTF for quite some time now.

Thought I'd share an error I came across today. It seems I have less forms that I initially thought. I only have 1 form in my account and it's a free account which gets 5 forms, so does this mean I actually get 8? 

I'll be adding more Errors in the future :)

Cheers
    Stephen 

• I don't know how you got 8 out of 5 and -2; but none the less TRWTF is they asterisk the user name field.

• I've currently got 1 form and have -2 left out of 5. This make a total of 8 :)

The asterisks in the username field was just to hide my full name :D

• @GateKiller said:

I've currently got 1 form and have -2 left out of 5. This make a total of 8 :)

//Compile me, I'm C
    #include <stdio.h>

int main() {
      int num;

num = 1 + (-2) + 5;
      printf("num = %d\n", num);

return 0;
    }

• Hahahaha, oh wow.

Here, I'll spell it out for you so that you don't mess up and embarrass yourself again:

He has one (1) real form already. His upper limit is five (5), and his current count is minus two (-2). This means that he has seven (7 = 5 - (-2)) empty slots into which forms can go. Seven available slots, plus his one already-existing form make a total of eight forms (8 = 7 + 1). Do you understand?

This is, of course, assuming that all forms have a weight of 1.

• @Lingerance said:

@GateKiller said:

//Compile me, I'm C
    #include <stdio.h>

int main() {
    int num;

num = 1 + (-2) + 5;

return 0;
    }
    #patch me, i'm a unified diff
    --- test_old.c  2007-11-14 16:27:25.265639105 +0100
    +++ test.c      2007-11-14 16:26:53.263815386 +0100
    @@ -3,7 +3,7 @@
     int main() {
       int num;

-  num = 1 + (-2) + 5;
    +  num = 1 - (-2) + 5;

return 0;

I think you've ruined your reputation :D

• @GateKiller said:
    I'm confused too. If you have -2 forms left out of five, then you would have had -1 forms to begin with, since you've only used one. Do you mean that -2 is the number of forms you've already used, whereas the 1 is still active and thus doesn't count as used?

• trwtf is this site's fricking AWFUL name and the fact that there's no T in it so I can't imagine it as someone pronouncing WTF as a word.

Perhaps if they changed the site's name to wutufoo it would be better. 

• @Faxmachinen said:

@GateKiller said:
    I'm confused too. If you have -2 forms left out of five, then you would have had -1 forms to begin with, since you've only used one. Do you mean that -2 is the number of forms you've already used, whereas the 1 is still active and thus doesn't count as used?

Seeing how the previous example didn't help you I'll get even more elemtary.

You can have 5 forms.

Your current form count is -3

You create one form.

Your current form count is -2

Continuing this until your form count is 5 actually gets you 8 forms total. 

Most counts start at 0, Wufoo apparently figures this is so conformist and instead starts counting at -3 because that is so 1337. 

• It could be that each form has a weight of -2. Therefore while his upper limit is 5, each added form will decrease the count by 2 and he will never reach the upper limit.

• The Real WTF (TM) is that they're pretentious enough to have a quote at the top saying "To thine own self be true"...

• @KattMan said:
    You can have 5 forms.

Your current form count is -3
    You create one form.
    Your current form count is -2
    Continuing this until your form count is 5 actually gets you 8 forms total.
    Oh, I get it now. The "1" is the current form count, the "-2" is also the current form count, and the "5" is the maximum number of forms. Makes perfect sense.

Seriously though, I can see how you'd get to 8, just not how you'd do it if you go by the nonsense GateKiller is spouting.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.