UT3



  • I know, this is not a gaming community, still...

    My videocard is a admittedly-not-top-of-the-knotch nVidia G-Force FX. My CPU is another admittedly-not-top-of-the-knotch Pentium 4 3GHz. This computer has a couple of years, ok, but it runs Quake 4 or Doom 3 or Portal just fine.

    Here's a screenie of UT3, as rendered on my machine in a bot game (no networking issue could possibly get in the way):

    This is all I have to say about UT3.

    Unreal Tournament 3 is sponsored by nVidia ("The way it's meant to be played") and Intel ("Play for the win with Intel").

     

    EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, this was rendered at 10 FPS, tops.



  • Have you upgraded your drivers recently?



  • Yeah, for some reason UT3 defaults to only rendering at 1/2 the resolution or so and then upsampling. On top of that it defaulted to 640x480 or so on my computer - it looked horrible. Once I put some sane config setting in there, it looked ok.



  • @badpazzword said:

    My videocard is a admittedly-not-top-of-the-knotch nVidia G-Force FX. My CPU is another admittedly-not-top-of-the-knotch Pentium 4 3GHz. This computer has a couple of years, ok, but it runs Quake 4 or Doom 3 or Portal just fine.

    <font color="#cc0000" class="p">Did you mean: </font>notch 



  • @Talchas said:

    Yeah, for some reason UT3 defaults to only rendering at 1/2 the resolution or so and then upsampling. On top of that it defaulted to 640x480 or so on my computer - it looked horrible. Once I put some sane config setting in there, it looked ok.

    I do agree. I played the same game and usually you can get it to play good if you select some decent video settings.  I played it fine on my computer (P4 3 Ghz). My dad can play it fine on his computer, and he only had a 1 GHz Pentium 3, with a Geforce 4 video card. So, I expect it is just in your configuration, or, in the actual video card settings. I would recommend actually resetting them to the defaults if you have changed them. Sometimes when you change something that seems like it should make it better, it actually makes it worse.

     



  • @badpazzword said:

    I know, this is not a gaming community, still...

    My videocard is a admittedly-not-top-of-the-knotch nVidia G-Force FX.

    I don't think that meets even the minimum requirements.  Isn't the Geforce FX the 5000x series?  UT3 requires a 6000x series or better. 



  • I don't see anything wrong here.  Those look like some pretty cutting-edge grap-- what's that you say?  It's not 1997?



  • ...personally, I think a mug is called for here.



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    ...personally, I think a mug is called for here.

    Ask and you shall receive.  Hey, OP!  Have a mug. 


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.