Meeeeeee toooooooo

• thought this was funny....  (under Climate heading) 

• A vandal on Wikipedia!?!  Surely this cannot be!

• What's so funny about liking pie?

• /me runs off to vandalize a bunch of wikipedia pages and post them on TDWTF.

"Then I will get all the replies and hits! Then TR won't make me cry by criticizing my posts! W00t!" 

• The Real WTF is that you were reading the Wikipedia page on Idaho and actually scrolled to the section on climate. 

Even if you live in Idaho, it's still a WTF. 

• Surely vandalising Wikipedia stopped being funny roughly five minutes after the first article was written?

• @purge said:

The Real WTF is that you were reading the Wikipedia page on Idaho and actually scrolled to the section on climate. 

• @purge said:

The Real WTF is that you were reading the Wikipedia page on Idaho and actually scrolled to the section on climate. 

I'm pretty sure living in Idaho is the real WTF.

• @Pap said:

@purge said:

• @Vanders said:

Surely vandalising Wikipedia stopped being funny roughly five minutes after the first article was written?

So did saying "The Real WTF is..." but clearly that hasn't stopped anyone.

Admittedly, I knew posting a wikipedia page was lame, but eh - whatever - this is what happens when there's only 1 front page post for the day.  I get bored.   Consider this filler.

• @Pap said:

3 people are standing around on a street. How do you know which one's the prostitute?

The one wearing the 'I DA HO' t-shirt.

runs for cover

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

/me runs off to vandalize a bunch of wikipedia pages and post them on TDWTF.

"Then I will get all the replies and hits! Then TR won't make me cry by criticizing my posts! W00t!" 

ROFL

;-)

• You know, I wonder how come noone's built a robot yet to automatically vandalise/erase wikipedia pages. All of them. At the same time.

I mean, sure they can be reverted, but that would be a lot of work!

• @Sunstorm said:

You know, I wonder how come noone's built a robot yet to automatically vandalise/erase wikipedia pages. All of them. At the same time.

It's been done, many times. Wikipedia administrators will simply block the user account or IP address responsible, which takes a few seconds. Reverting all a user's changes doesn't take much longer.

• @Sunstorm said:

You know, I wonder how come noone's built a robot yet to automatically vandalise/erase wikipedia pages. All of them. At the same time.

Any edit dumb enough to be made by a bot can also be detected by an anti-vandal bot... and the former can be blocked, the latter won't be :)

More importantly though, administrators have a button that with a single click will roll back every single contribution made by a user. 

• TRWTF (scuse me)

is a theme for Firefox that makes it look like IE7.

• @Dark Shikari said:

Any edit dumb enough to be made by a bot can also be detected by an anti-vandal bot... and the former can be blocked, the latter won't be :)

More importantly though, administrators have a button that with a single click will roll back every single contribution made by a user. 

Then how about with a botnet? Get a million zombies deleting that stuff continuously!

• Protect every page, suspend new Wikipedia registrations, revert everything, IN THAT ORDER.

To be honest the DDOS by such a level of demand would be a bigger issue than the actual vandalism. 

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

@purge said:

MasterPlan, did you actually have anything to say? 

• @belgariontheking said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:
    @purge said:

MasterPlan, did you actually have anything to say? 

Nope, just filing it away under the appropriate tags.

• @Sunstorm said:

@Dark Shikari said:

Then how about with a botnet? Get a million zombies deleting that stuff continuously!

It would take about ten minutes to contact a developer and have him put Wikipedia in read-only mode. It would then take about 30 seconds for that developer to undo every edit made in the ten minutes in question.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.