Google Accounts WTF

• I was trying to read the Adsense terms and conditions (which I'm probably violating just by telling you that I read them), and it looks like you have to login to be able to read them.  This wouldn't be that bad, but every Google service has a separate login system and they check your login credentials against every other service's registered users.  I can log in on the Adsense page with at least 4 different usernames and passwords, including the one that actually logs me into Adsense, which happens to have the same username as another account but a different password.  After finally logging in and clicking the terms and conditions link, I see this slightly odd page:

If your billing address is in South Korea, your Terms and Conditions can be found here. If your billing address is not in South Korea, your Terms and Conditions can be found here.

• Since when does every google service have a different login system? Isn't one of the famous criticisms of google just that they use the same profile for each and everything you do in their network?

As for that awkward link, that looks like one of the usual juristic quirks you encounter if you provide a service in different countries over the world: That the laws of some of those countries may contradict the laws of others. A WTF maybe, but more a law WTF than an IT WTF.

• Well, it's not a totally seperate system, and that's the problem. You can login on the Adsense page with multiple accounts (like your Google Groups or Google Analytics account) and it will prompt you to sign up for Adsense. I guess this is good for someone who's just now signing up for things, but if you started with another email and switched to gmail, then switched to Google Apps, it gets kind of annoying.  And it's kind of weird that it allows the same email with a different password to count as a new account.  I have no idea how that happened.

• @Cap'n Steve said:

After finally logging in and clicking the terms and conditions link, I see this slightly odd page:

If your billing address is in South Korea, your Terms and Conditions can be found here. If your billing address is not in South Korea, your Terms and Conditions can be found here.

Nothing too unusual there. Different countries have different legal systems, which can require different terms and conditions.

• Of course, I just thought it was a little stange that:

1.  Only South Korea has different terms and conditions.
    2.  They don't just check your billing address automatically.

• @Cap'n Steve said:

I was trying to read the Adsense terms and conditions (which I'm probably violating just by telling you that I read them), and it looks like you have to login to be able to read them. This wouldn't be that bad, but every Google service has a separate login system and they check your login credentials against every other service's registered users. I can log in on the Adsense page with at least 4 different usernames and passwords, including the one that actually logs me into Adsense, which happens to have the same username as another account but a different password. After finally logging in and clicking the terms and conditions link, I see this slightly odd page:

Almost every service.  AdWords still requires a completely separate login, and will only attach a link onto the services page in Google Accounts under random circumstances.