Microsoft Performance Component

•  Seems like i really need this mysterious performance component. And it's so important that it couldn't be included in the installer.

• I like how being stopped and told to download a component is what they call performance.  I call that an annoying waste of time, for god knows what if any benefit.

• "For best performance" is vague enough that it's not clear to me it actually means speed/RAM optimizations.  This could well be a patch installing bugfixes for more important issues.

• Well obviously they couldn't call it "Component to remove bitmaps of pictures one of our junior programmers snuck in of his vacation to Amsterdam".

• Download it-- it's Clippy!

• @seaturnip said:

"For best performance" is vague enough that it's not clear to me it actually means speed/RAM optimizations.  This could well be a patch installing bugfixes for more important issues.

I think they just remove the MS logo. I mean is it really an MS product if it doesn't have that dragging bloat that the developers don't notice?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.