The people vs. TunnelRat (appeal)

• This an appeal against TunnelRat. An earlier motion to this was first censored and then deleted by the moderator.

The motion was quickly censored because it revealed the real name of TunnelRat. The censoring is acceptable though short sighted - the censored part was simply the Whois information from TunnelRat’s blog site.

The reason to expose him was this statement.

@TunnelRat said:

In my book, any, and I mean any, Cheap I.T. Bastard that hires H1-Bs should be publicly shamed, their pictures and work addresses posted on the web like child molesters.

This was not an off-topic, thoughtless quick remark, but the major argument in an original post, repeated many times over. He even devotes a web site exclusively to this issue.

For TunnelRat’s information, you can’t hire an H1-B - that’s a visa program, not a person. Instead, you hire foreigners, and H1-B happens to be the only legal way to do that in the IT industry (barring L1-A and L1-B, alternatives that are only applicable to multinational intra-compny transfers). So you are actually saying this.

Any Cheap I.T. Bastard that hires foreigners should be publicly shamed.

It’s sad that some members of this forum find this funny and truthful. The irony is that TunnelRat himself hires foreigners in an immoral and illegal way. Illegal, because he avoids social security and insurance payments and employer and import taxes. Immoral, because he charges $4000 while paying only $2500 to the foreigner for doing his work. TunnelRat’s employer would have been better off paying $2500 directly to a law-abiding worker, be it a citizen or a foreigner.

Therefore, on his own request, the censored post publicly shamed him. That post has since been deleted, even though TunnelRat himself responded and verified that it was essentially correct.
    - He dropped out of college
    - Was disciplined for bad conduct in the military (though not discharged)
    - Has a history of substance abuse
    - Worked himself out of that successfully
    - Does not hold on to jobs for long

The censored post did overstate this somewhat, for which I apologize. On the other hand, TunnelRat suggests that I am a body pierced Che Guevara fanboy communist hating the military. Talk about slander. In fact, I respect the US military and the heroes who died to liberate my country. I am tax-paying worker on an H1-B visa with all the duties but none of the rights of an American citizen, paying for his dad’s Medicaid bills, his daughter’s tuition fees and his buddy’s tour in Iraq.

The double irony is that TunnelRat is a foreigner himself: a Hungarian refugee from communist tyranny. So TunnelRat can’t really mean what he says. Anybody who’s followed his discourse can infer what he’s really saying.

Any Cheap I.T. Bastard that hires Asians should be publicly shamed.

That sounds very much like

Any fair-skinned, blue-eyed German that hires Jews should be public shamed.

We all know why such nonsense must be refuted by all possible means.

• I don't like TunnelRat either, and you can be sure that I have delete more of his posts than yours; anyway, I do my best to keep this forums free of personal attacks, flamewars etc.

For that reason, this thread is locked, too, and I might delete it anytime soon.