Call off the guns

• Besides someone wanting to snipe wolves from helicopters, which I think is a WTF itself, the recent things involving wolves in some states have led me into finding another WTF in this site:

http://www.callofftheguns.org/

Now, that form has dropdownlists for state and country, and both require filling. So even if I pick a country other than US or Canada, I'm still stuck with having to choose an american state or a canadian province. To be almost fair, you could pick the --------------- option between these, but it doesn't sound quite right.

• Selecting nothing, and clicking "click here to join", with an empty form, will accept the sign up form. No checking what so ever. I have no time to check for  ' or '1'='1, but it wouldn't surprise me it it worked...

• US-centric forms just don't phase me anymore - I've seen far too many of them. Try living in a country where the usual answer to "what's your post-code?" is "uuuuummmmm...".  In New Zealand, we just don't use them, don't care about them - but every second form I fill in online seems to.  That's a lot of random numbers entered...

• @Mel said:

Try living in a country where the usual answer to "what's your post-code?" is "uuuuummmmm...".  In New Zealand, we just don't use them, don't care about them

You don't have mail? 

• @dhromed said:

@Mel said:

Try living in a country where the usual answer to "what's your post-code?" is "uuuuummmmm...".  In New Zealand, we just don't use them, don't care about them

You don't have mail? 

They have people working in their sorting offices who are aware that the sorting machines they use are not 50 years old.

It's not like the rest of us have any particular need for them any more. They're just a habit. 

• @dhromed said:

@Mel said:

You don't have mail? 

I'm in NZ, I always get mail with the wrong code on it. What's the point if it has a street name, suburb and city

• This morning I ordered a DVD player from Pixmania. They have a drop-down for "Country" with only "United Kingdom" in it.

I guess they're planning for future expansion.

• They use the same for for all their website, (pixmania.uk, pixmania.be, etc), i guess some site have more than one country they can deliver too... perhaps not. But the wtf with pixmania is actualle the poor quality of their support. Don't even ever try to contact them to get a single bit of information on a command or repair :)