Code Genie WTF

• I've been using Code Genie as my main programmer's editor for a few years now... just tried to visit their website to find that it redirects to a very dubious get-rich-quick site with a photo of a rather unpleasant-looking man on the front page.  Do any of you fine people know what's going on?

I wanted to get hold of a syntax-highlighting control file for ActionScript, if anyone has such a thing... otherwise I may have to roll my own.

The website is (or was) www.code-genie.com

• I don't know if it's the same product or not but try: http://www.domainsolutions.co.uk/

• This thread on alt.comp.freeware claims that the author has abandoned the project.  The Internet Archive has some old copies of the www.code-genie.com domain from back in 2001 including the page of syntax files which includes an (unfortunately broken) link for an ActionScript syntax file.  It attributes authorship of this file to Steve Kingsley, which may or may not be the same person who made this mailing list post.  You could try emailing him.

• @jnz said:

This thread on alt.comp.freeware claims that the author has abandoned the project.  The Internet Archive has some old copies of the www.code-genie.com domain from back in 2001 including the page of syntax files which includes an (unfortunately broken) link for an ActionScript syntax file.  It attributes authorship of this file to Steve Kingsley, which may or may not be the same person who made this mailing list post.  You could try emailing him.

Thanks for the info, jnz.  I'll check it out.  Clearly my Google-skillz are weak.

It's a shame if it's been abandoned, I quite like Code Genie and I even paid to register my trial version  :-)

• @Crispy Duck said:

I've been using Code Genie as my main programmer's editor for a few years now... just tried to visit their website to find that it redirects to a very dubious get-rich-quick site with a photo of a rather unpleasant-looking man on the front page.  Do any of you fine people know what's going on?

I wanted to get hold of a syntax-highlighting control file for ActionScript, if anyone has such a thing... otherwise I may have to roll my own.

The website is (or was) www.code-genie.com

Why can't you just use the javascript one? 

• @Random832 said:

I don't follow... what is this "javascript one" of which you speak?

• @Crispy Duck said:

@Random832 said:

Does Code Genie not ship with a javascript syntax file (which is odd if true, since I actually googled and found a distribution of it that did ship with one)? Actionscript = Javascript.

• @Random832 said:

@Crispy Duck said:
    @Random832 said:

Does Code Genie not ship with a javascript syntax file (which is odd if true, since I actually googled and found a distribution of it that did ship with one)? Actionscript = Javascript.

OIC... I hadn't thought o that.  It's a crazy plan, but it might just work.   Cheers.