Credit card site menu wtf

• Saw this on my credit card's account website.

Is it ironic to anyone else that "See fewer choices" is itself a menu choice? And, of course, it's listed right at the bottom, below "Shop at Amazon"...because that's more important for someone who doesn't like a lot of menu choices...

• Let me guess, does the see fewer choices link simply remove the last two items off the list?

• That is a bit odd.  I can't envision any scenario where a user would want to click that.

• @DAL1978 said:

Let me guess, does the see fewer choices link simply remove the last two items off the list?

No.  It just removes the "See fewer choices" option.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@bstorer said:

@DAL1978 said:

Let me guess, does the see fewer choices link simply remove the last two items off the list?

It wouldn't add a "See more choices" option as well would it?

• @bstorer said:

@DAL1978 said:

Replacing it with a "See more choices" option.  Have to give the user a way to get the original menu back you know. 

• @shadowman said:

That is a bit odd.  I can't envision any scenario where a user would want to click that.

By itself, no.  But if this is the credit card site I think it is, you only get there after you see a menu with few useful (to me) choices and a "more choices" option and click on the latter.  It's good usability practice, IMO, to provide a way to go back to the way it was, in this case from "more" to "fewer".

• @DAL1978 said:

If anyone really cares, it's the Chase-powered Amazon.com CC (also ironic is the fact that I was scanning this menu originally looking for a way to cancel the card; there doesn't seem to be an option for it. I'll have to enter phone service hell to accomplish that task).

Clicking "See fewer choices" does this: