Mini Error'd: overloaded icon

• I was browsing through my company's documentation for the CheckPoint VPN client and I found this gem:

The text is referring to a system tray icon, usually rendered at 16px x 16px. In this icon, I think I see:

- A white envelope
    - A yellow key (I think I've seen it uncovered before and that's how I know it.)
    - A greet dot
    - A blue padlock
    - A bleeding yellow dot?!

Maybe the yellow dot is bleeding because it got too cramped in there and the padlock accidentally stepped on it. Clearly trying to get too many ideas into one small sized icon can be dangerous.

• I don't think the yellow dot is bleeding.  I think the padlock has red feet.

• Is it me or does it look like the light blue thingy is a cyclops that have been impaled by the key and are bleeding? The light blue thingy also appears to be holding a shield in his right hand. I wonder what the green circle is?

• I think someone awarded the padlock a medal, actually.

• I thought something similar to Rasit, except that instead of a cyclops, it was actually the blue padlock that had been stabbed by the key and was bleeding.

• to me, the red thing looks like a guy with a red shirt and a tie.

• @Cap'n Steve said:

I think someone awarded the padlock a medal, actually.

Bahahahahahaha
    I actually LOL'ed at that
    :D

• @Daniel15 said:

@Cap'n Steve said:
    I think someone awarded the padlock a medal, actually.

Bahahahahahaha
    I actually LOL'ed at that
    :D

That seems right. It's the medal+ribbon you can sometimes see as "certified" on envelope icons. 

• Not quite as bad, but here's another WTF icon (the Windows sidebar one):

What the hell is this supposed to be, and how does it have anything to do with the sidebar?  Usually, even with bad icons, once you look at them for a minute you realize "Oh, that's what they were thinking", but with this one I'm still confused. 

• @burntfuse said:

Not quite as bad, but here's another WTF icon (the Windows sidebar one):

What the hell is this supposed to be, and how does it have anything to do with the sidebar?  Usually, even with bad icons, once you look at them for a minute you realize "Oh, that's what they were thinking", but with this one I'm still confused. 

That's easy. It's obviously one of those fancy refrigerators with Internet access and touch screen. This one had a short circuit, so all the lights on it are blinking. Consequentially, it will explode in about 8 seconds.

• Actually, my first thought was an oscilloscope for some reason...