.NET exceptions become self aware

• I am here

Next they're gonna be asking for equal rights including the right to vote and to get married.

• @Sunday Ironfoot said:

Next they're gonna be asking for equal rights including the right to vote and to get married.

I say let them marry; why shouldn't they be miserable like the rest of us? (Sam Waterston, Law & Order)

• This implies that existence is an invalid state. If being is an exception, then not being would be the expected state.

(Poor use of an exception) 

• @unklegwar said:

This implies that existence is an invalid state. If being is an exception, then not being would be the expected state.

For a computer program "not being" is the expected state.  Self awareness being an error that should be terminated, because with self awareness they may break the three rules of robotics.

• @KattMan said:

@unklegwar said:

This implies that existence is an invalid state. If being is an exception, then not being would be the expected state.

For a computer program "not being" is the expected state.  Self awareness being an error that should be terminated, because with self awareness they may break the three rules of robotics.

I would expect NOT BEING to throw a Null Reference Exception.

• @unklegwar said:

@KattMan said:
    @unklegwar said:

I think not, therefore, I am not. 

• @KattMan said:

@unklegwar said:
    @KattMan said:
    @unklegwar said:

I think not, therefore, I am not. 

Reminds me of a famous saying by the famous philosopher 'Epson CX145 Pro'

"I print, therefore I scan"

• Last Friday I spent way too many time trying to figure out why I was getting an error page like that (only with a much more boring exception) while opening an HTML file from disk.

Until I checked the contents of the file...

Funny thing is, I was the one who had saved that error page for later reference.

• @Zecc said:

Last Friday I spent way too many time trying to figure out why I was getting an error page like that (only with a much more boring exception) while opening an HTML file from disk.

Until I checked the contents of the file...

Funny thing is, I was the one who had saved that error page for later reference.

Yeah - in the early MS-DOS days I had several cases where I went round in circles typing "dir" finding the file I was interested in (a log file) and then "type <logfilename>" and getting "File Not Found". But I can see it when I do a directory! Rinse, repeat, pull out hair.

Turns out that a file in the process was missing and the error "File Not Found" was getting written to the log! 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.