Get a load of this

• Ok, I just got a marketing email from Texas Memory Systems, the great
    folks that brought you the memory-based disk array, which is pretty
    cool. 

Their product is all DIMMs.  It simulates a disk drive, no moving
    parts, can get them large enough as 1TB... making for a very fast
    database (in case your database is so full of WTFs that it's cheaper to
    buy this than hire 1/2 of India to fix it)...

In case you don't know who Don Burleson is...

The email:

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Greetings Christopher</font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Can I ask if you'd like to get together and discuss database/application acceleration with solid state disks at any of the following shows? </font>

• <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Oracle Open World September 17-22, San Francisco, California, USA — Booth 408</font>
    • <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">PASS (SQL), September 27-29, Dallas, Texas, USA — Booth 205</font>
    • <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Storage Expo, October 12-13, London, England — Stand 760</font>
    • <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Storage Networking World, October 24-27, Orlando, Florida, USA — Booth C13</font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I have a handful of extra passes to the expos if you need one. </font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We'll have copies of Mike Ault and Don Burleson's book, Oracle Solid State Disk Tuning, at Oracle Open World. If the books last, we'll have some available at PASS as well. At Storage Networking World, we are holding a special tutorial session on Storage Performance Testing. At all the shows, we'll be showing our new RamSan-400 solid state disk — the industry’s first solid state disk with 4-gigabit Fibre Channel interfaces. It’s currently the only storage device that can sustain 3 gigabytes/second of random data transfers. The RamSan-400 is covered under our industry unique Application Performance Guarantee, so you can purchase with confidence.</font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Of course, I'd be happy to have an application performance expert contact you outside of these shows, but if you will be in any of these cities, it would be great to arrange a face-to-face meeting. Will we see you at any of the shows?</font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Yours Truly,</font>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">James Stinson
    Marketing Analyst
    Texas Memory Systems, Inc.
    </font>