Hilarious install screen

• It's good to know that WD Diagnostics is hard at work installing ..... features.

• MSIs technically install everything as "features", which are just a collection of "components", filesets and libraries, etc etc. For something entitled "diagnostics", it doesn't surprise me that they cared a bit less about presentation than actual functionality.

Still, you can spend 5 minutes in any run-of-the-mill MSI designer and at least change the default names...

• I like though how they left the "not available" option enabled for the sole existing "feature". I wonder what happens if you choose that and then click "next"...

• Designed by Monkeys using Wix. Oy.

• @tmountjr said:

Designed by Monkeys using Wix. Oy.

I think it was probably designed using InstallShield 🙂

WiX doesn't use NewFeature1 by default either.

• Someone obviously didn't finish setting up the installer before releasing, but I'm not sure how this is "hilarious" :o

• One of my favourites is that, in Windows 2000, under HKLM...\Image File Execution Options, the Symbolic Debugger for Windows 2000 is listed as "Your Image File Name Here without a path" 😛

I am not quite sure what that achieves, as I get the impression that images are referenced by filename.

• This may be the most liberal application of the term "Hilarious" ever.

Hilarious: Of absolute miniscule interest only to individuals trapped in sensory deprivation chambers for at least a year. 

• @unklegwar said:

Hilarious: Of absolute miniscule interest only to individuals trapped in sensory deprivation chambers for at least a year. 

Interesting. That may be the first time I've seen someone get out of the wrong side of bed twice in the same morning, or thrice ...

• @Daniel Beardsmore said:

@unklegwar said:

Interesting. That may be the first time I've seen someone get out of the wrong side of bed twice in the same morning, or thrice ...

Well, I only get out of one side, but I think I got out twice. Once to pee, once to actually get dressed and go to work.  

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.