Bugzilla rapes mailbox

• I should have read the small print. "Submitting an automated crash report automatically qualifies you for mailbox rape."

• You work with Bugzilla too huh.

Now just go into your user settings and tell it what mail you don' t want to see and it will stop sending you all this. 

Granted, setting you up for everything at creation is a problem, this is nothing more than a  configuration issue that is easily resolved.

• That's the nice thing about using a Gmail account for Bugzilla - it groups all of those messages into one single conversation so it doesn't clutter up your inbox.

• The Real WTF (©) is that you're using Hotmail.

• I don't know if I'm right, but you seem to be using GTK, what is the theme you are using?

• @KattMan said:

You work with Bugzilla too huh. Now just go into your user settings and tell it what mail you don' t want to see and it will stop sending you all this.

Not personally (I prefer Mantis). I haven't actually signed up for any of this, I just clicked submit on an automated crash report. I didn't think they would then proceed to notify me of every duplicate to it, which is what I believe the majority of these are about.

@broekage said:

The Real WTF (©) is that you're using Hotmail.

I've had this account since something like 1998. I've tried replacing it on occasion, but the trouble in migrating all the Live-based stuff I've got attached to it and it's resilience to spam's kept me in a love/hate relationship with it. Plus it's an address I don't mind dropping somewhere where I'm not sure if it'll be sold to a Mexican cartel for recruitment interests.

@SamuelDr said:

I don't know if I'm right, but you seem to be using GTK, what is the theme you are using?

The theme's Polycarbonate-Dark, and it makes me glad for the fact you can have a true dark theme in Linux. It has a few problems, like the text in input controls in firefox being way too dark to be easily readable. I'm sure that's editable somehow, I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm not sure what it runs on, I haven't figured out what connects where in Linux's window drawing model yet either.

• @Sunstorm said:

[Hotmail]'s resilience to spam's kept me in a love/hate relationship with it

Doesn't hotmail have the highest false-positive rate? I'll gladly deal with a few dozen spams a day if it means no false positives.  Missing a client/colleague's email can be a huge PITA.