New ColdFusion8 feature - "javascript operators"

• I work at an exclusive coldfusion shop (yea, yea, I know....) and I was reading up on some of the new features for CF8.  I thought this one was pretty hilarious:

[QUOTE]ColdFusion 8 supports common JavaScript operators such as ++, ==, ||, <, and > so they can be used in CFML expressions.[/QUOTE]

I guess there's nothing technically wrong with that statement since those are valid operators in javascript....but uhm, they've been around a lot longer than java-script.

• @bighusker said:

I work at an exclusive coldfusion shop (yea, yea, I know....) and I was reading up on some of the new features for CF8.  I thought this one was pretty hilarious:

[QUOTE]ColdFusion 8 supports common JavaScript operators such as ++, ==, ||, <, and > so they can be used in CFML expressions.[/QUOTE]

I guess there's nothing technically wrong with that statement since those are valid operators in javascript....but uhm, they've been around a lot longer than java-script.

So these can be used in place of eq, neq etc?

• @bighusker said:

I work at an exclusive coldfusion shop (yea, yea, I know....)

I know I will come across as a loser by saying this, but there's something about ColdFusion that I like. The concept of it...even the syntax. I'm not saying it's the best implemented product out there. There's just something about it that I like.

Does anybody else feel this way? 

• @newguy said:

@bighusker said:

I work at an exclusive coldfusion shop (yea, yea, I know....)

I know I will come across as a loser by saying this, but there's something about ColdFusion that I like. The concept of it...even the syntax. I'm not saying it's the best implemented product out there. There's just something about it that I like.

I feel like Coldfusion should be among the top few of obsolete languages with unusable syntaces. 

• @newguy said:

Wait ... let me guess...

You kinda like PHP too. (Or was that JSP, or ASP, well... something ending with a P-eeooooweep)

• @kirchhoff said:

Wait ... let me guess...

You kinda like PHP too. (Or was that JSP, or ASP, well... something ending with a P-eeooooweep) 

If I were a ninja, I would karate chop you.

• That was clearly targeted at JavaScript programmers, pheraps?

Though, if they have to say that, I wonder what operators previous versions of CF used.

• [quote user="Renan "C#" Sousa"]

That was clearly targeted at JavaScript programmers, pheraps?

Though, if they have to say that, I wonder what operators previous versions of CF used.

[/quote]

For boolean evaluations it used keywords like and, or, not, etc.

Comparisons were done with gt, lt, gte, lte, etc.

Arithmetic was pretty standard but there weren't any unary increment operators or += shortcuts for assignment.

It has functions (not operators) to do bitwise operations on integers.