Please do not login...

• just got this mail:

company_name's test system will be inaccessible between 10 and 11am tomorrow morning so
    please do not log on.

!?

• Cool, stay home. In Canada, it's a long weekend, so I'd be smiling by now

• Not in Alberta. Apparently, we get a holiday in February instead. Could that be The Real WTF?

• @bobday said:

just got this mail:

company_name's test system will be inaccessible between 10 and 11am tomorrow morning so
    please do not log on.

!?

That must be like the old prank telling you not to answer your phone because of line maintenance. Only here, if you log in, you get email from the sysadmin saying "AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZbawt4oiahrwegoa;dihgb" 

• @rbowes said:

Not in Alberta. Apparently, we get a holiday in February instead. Could that be The Real WTF?

I get Monday off this coming week...

Family Day in February is the statutory in Alberta.  The first Monday of August is either Heritage Day or Civic Holiday, depending on the scope and who you ask, but is otherwise known as "August long" because no one can ever remember what the fuck Heritage Day or Civic Holiday is.

From Wikipedia: "Businesses are not legally required to pay holiday pay on Family Day. An employer can explicitly choose to not pay holiday pay on Family Day, in which case it must pay holiday pay on Heritage Day. Provincial government employees have both days off."

• @misguided said:

Family Day in February is the statutory in Alberta.  The first Monday of August is either Heritage Day or Civic Holiday, depending on the scope and who you ask, but is otherwise known as "August long" because no one can ever remember what the fuck Heritage Day or Civic Holiday is.

Here in Nova Scotia, we call it Natal Day. I'm heading back to Ontario this weekend and will be at an "August Long Weekend" party.

In short, your mileage (kilometerage?) may vary.

• We get an "Mail server will be down for 2 hours" mail every now and then here :X (Which is kinda hard to read)

• @bobday said:

please do not log on.

It's just like sending a message that says:

The front door will be locked on Monday, so please do not open it.

• @Devi said:

@bobday said:

please do not log on.

It's just like sending a message that says:

The front door will be locked on Monday, so please do not open it.

Better yet write an email saying "Do NOT open the front door on Monday or else!" and then email it to everyone on Sunday afternoon so they can read it first thing Monday morning

• @misguided said:

@rbowes said:

Not in Alberta. Apparently, we get a holiday in February instead. Could that be The Real WTF?

I get Monday off this coming week...

From Wikipedia: "Businesses are not legally required to pay holiday pay on Family Day. An employer can explicitly choose to not pay holiday pay on Family Day, in which case it must pay holiday pay on Heritage Day. Provincial government employees have both days off."

This is my first year in Alberta, so I just believe what people tell me. Realistically, though, I have major deadlines on Tuesday so I was planning on working Monday (and Sunday, and Saturday) anyways. :(

• @rbowes said:

Uhh what, Iive in Calgary and get Monday off...

So does my roommate.

• that made me laugh in office full of people = excellent comment :D