Just heard in the office



  • I was in the office of a coworker, when his office mate (a sales drone) and the project lead were going at it:

    Sales Drone: this feature (of our application) doesn't seem to work as expected
    Project Lead: we know - we don't know why
    SD: What's it supposed to do
    PL: It's supposed to ...
    SD: But it doesn't do that
    PL: I know
    SD: When will it do what it's supposed to do?
    PL: I don't know
    SD: Who does? (perfectly reasonable IMHO)
    PL: Nobody (this guy is truly a walking zombie)
    SD: How am I supposed to come across (to the customers) as informed if
    I don't know what it's supposed to do, or when it will be fixed?

    At this point, both myself and my peer walked out, choking back the laughter. I'd expect the SD to be clueless, but the PL?!



  • @Drive By Stupidity said:

    SD: When will it do what it's supposed to do?

    PL: I don't know

    "When will [i]then[/i] be [i]now[/i]?"

    "Soon." 


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @sootzoo said:

    @Drive By Stupidity said:

    SD: When will it do what it's supposed to do?

    PL: I don't know

    "When will [i]then[/i] be [i]now[/i]?"

    "Soon." 

    "Now."

    "Yes, now."

    "Now happens now."

    "When?"

    "Now."

    "What about before?"

    "You just missed it."



  • And more importantly: "Who is Number One?"

     

     

    edit: Annoyingly the tag code re-orders my tags!



  • @joe.edwards@imaginuity.com said:

    @sootzoo said:

    @Drive By Stupidity said:

    SD: When will it do what it's supposed to do?

    PL: I don't know

    "When will [i]then[/i] be [i]now[/i]?"

    "Soon." 

    "Now."

    "Yes, now."

    "Now happens now."

    "When?"

    "Now."

    "What about before?"

    "You just missed it."

    No, go PAST this, past this part!

    In fact.

    <font size="1">never show this again. </font>



  • @Drive By Stupidity said:

    SD: When will it do what it's supposed to do?
    PL: I don't know
    SD: Who does? (perfectly reasonable IMHO)
    PL: Nobody (this guy is truly a walking zombie)

    I thought Who's on First, I don't know on Third and Nobody is the right fielder :)



  • I love the fact that this thread turned into a Spaceballs quote-fest.



  • @GettinSadda said:

    And more importantly: "Who is Number One?"

    edit: Annoyingly the tag code re-orders my tags!

    You're number Six.

     



  • @JamesKilton said:

    @GettinSadda said:

    And more importantly: "Who is Number One?"

    edit: Annoyingly the tag code re-orders my tags!

    You're number Six.

     

    I'm so very pleased I'm not the only one who knows about Number 6.

     



  • @too_many_usernames said:

    @JamesKilton said:
    @GettinSadda said:

    And more importantly: "Who is Number One?"

    edit: Annoyingly the tag code re-orders my tags!

    You're number Six.

     

    I'm so very pleased I'm not the only one who knows about Number 6.

     


    "I am not a number, I am a free man"



  • @Control_Alt_Kaboom said:

    @too_many_usernames said:
    @JamesKilton said:
    @GettinSadda said:

    And more importantly: "Who is Number One?"

    edit: Annoyingly the tag code re-orders my tags!

    You're number Six.

     

    I'm so very pleased I'm not the only one who knows about Number 6.

     


    "I am not a number, I am a free man"


    "I am Not a Number: I am Infinity times 0"


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.