Bored at work



  • My work is done, tomorrow is my last day.

    Does anyone have an idea on how to fill my time till tomorrow afternoon???



  • I'm sure you got something else lined up. Do some research on the technology you will use if you're not up to speed.   I guess you can follow up offer anybody to ask questions about the work you've done and run it through some more tests. It might actually have this "one little thing" you forgot to fix.



  • I would like to test my stuff on a server.

    Problem is...

    There is no server!





  • I think I am going to play with LINQ in Orcas.

    I think I deserve that after working 6 months with legacy crap.



  • This may or may not be on topic, but somehow I think it applies.

    I was on Dice.com and was browsing through the 80-100K programming positions. Do you fit in this category? Are you Senior level? The reason I ask is because it doesn't look like a picnic for the pay. They will work you.

    Is that your situation? The market looked good, so you jumped ship thinking "I'm a senior developer now. I should be making x amount of money." So you jumped ship. And now you have this cavalier attitude about it because you have this high paying job lined up.

    Have you heard the expression, the grass is greener on the other side? I may be making a lot of assumptions, but this sounds like a major career move to me. I hope it works out for you.



  • I'm not even a starter.

    I just finished my internship, and I did few weeks work for that company.

    Actually, after this, I will learn "real" programming because I'm going to Computer Science class.

    And believe, me, after working here, a lot of grass is VERY green.



  • @Ice^^Heat said:

    And believe, me, after working here, a lot of grass is VERY green.

    Do no try to look for greener grass, just think: "There is no grass".



  • Thank you for the moral boost.



  • I recommend that you learn to like astroturf (or, occasionally, concrete that has been painted green).



  • @Ice^^Heat said:

    I'm not even a starter.

    I just finished my internship, and I did few weeks work for that company.

    Actually, after this, I will learn "real" programming because I'm going to Computer Science class.

    And believe, me, after working here, a lot of grass is VERY green.

    Do you really believe you will learn "real" programming in CompSci?



  • @RaspenJho said:

    @Ice^^Heat said:

    I'm not even a starter.

    I just finished my internship, and I did few weeks work for that company.

    Actually, after this, I will learn "real" programming because I'm going to Computer Science class.

    And believe, me, after working here, a lot of grass is VERY green.

    Do you really believe you will learn "real" programming in CompSci?

    Hence, the quote unquote.



  • @Ice^^Heat said:

    @RaspenJho said:
    @Ice^^Heat said:

    I'm not even a starter.

    I just finished my internship, and I did few weeks work for that company.

    Actually, after this, I will learn "real" programming because I'm going to Computer Science class.

    And believe, me, after working here, a lot of grass is VERY green.

    Do you really believe you will learn "real" programming in CompSci?

    Hence, the quote unquote.

    Just making sure...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.