The Brillant Wiki

• I took the liberty of adding an entry into Wikipedia concerning our  newly adopted favorite remark, Brilliant!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brillant

As with any other wiki, it can be edited at will by anybody.  I
    hope you guys enjoy it, and if anybody has any objections, I apologize
    in advance.

-dZ.

• @DZ-Jay said:

I took the liberty of adding an entry into Wikipedia concerning our  newly adopted favorite remark, Brilliant!

I take it you really meant

...remark, Brillant!

[H]

• Ha ha, brillant ! [:D]

• @welcor said:

@DZ-Jay said:

I took the liberty of
    adding an entry into Wikipedia concerning our  newly adopted
    favorite remark, Brilliant!

I take it you really meant

...remark, Brillant!

[H]

Quite right, oops!

On a side note, the article in Wikipedia has been marked for deletion.  According to their (quite fair) policies, coining a neologism has no place in the wikipedia, specially one with such limited exposure, with meaning only to a small community, and therefore does not have encyclopedic relevance.

Oh well.  It was nice while it lasted.  I urge all of you to go read it before its gone.  I think its pretty funny.  :)

-dZ.

• I've voted to move it to wikipedia's BJAODN pages. That way it might stay on there.

• @Irrelevant said:

I've voted to move it to wikipedia's BJAODN pages. That way it might stay on there.

Thank you.  I just did too.

-dZ.

• Call me blonde but I never used Wikipedia's voting system yet, which brings my blonde/brillant question: "how" do you do it ? What I saw so far was allowing to edit the past comments for adding one, but it's probably not the way, right ? I meant, wtf that would be, going on a forum and for posting, you edit the messages of the whole thread lol.

PS: yes I'm running low on coffee.

• @WIldpeaks said:

Call me blonde but I never used Wikipedia's
    voting system yet, which brings my blonde/brillant question: "how" do
    you do it ? What I saw so far was allowing to edit the past comments
    for adding one, but it's probably not the way, right ? I meant, wtf
    that would be, going on a forum and for posting, you edit the messages
    of the whole thread lol.

PS: yes I'm running low on coffee.

Don't worry about the "brillancy" of your question... remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking them.  He, he, he.

But, seriously, after doing some research, I found that that is precisely how you vote:  You edit the Project Page of the Pages For Deletion, then add your vote in the form:

*'''VOTE''' comment ~~~~

The asterisk will make it a bulleted entry in the list, the '''VOTE''' part is the action you are voting for (i.e. keep, delete, BJAODN, etc.) -- the three apostrophes bold the vote -- and the "comment" part is your brief reasoning on why you came to this decision.  The 4 tildes expand automatically to your username and a timestamp.  For example, in my case, I entered:

*'''BJAODN''' I wrote the original article, so I may be biased. I agree that it is non-notable, but I think it warrants keeping. ~~~

This got expanded into:

• BJAODN I wrote the original article, so I may be biased. I agree that it is non-notable, but I think it warrants keeping. DZ-Jay 15:11:25, 2005-08-28 (UTC)

• @DZ-Jay said:

... I found that that is precisely how you vote...

That should have been:

...I found that that is precisely how you vote...

dZ.

• @DZ-Jay said:

*'''BJAODN''' I wrote the original article, so I may be biased. I agree
    that it is non-notable, but I think it warrants keeping. ~~~

Dammit! And that should have been:

*'''BJAODN''' I wrote the original article, so I may be biased. I agree
    that it is non-notable, but I think it warrants keeping. ~~~~

• Wikipedia:Votes for deletion was first hosted on this BSD powered toaster.

*snort*

• It was BJAODN'ed :(  :( :( :( :(

Cant really say the user who made the decision was unbiased.

• Well, the vote is in and the results is...

BJAODN

The Brillant! article has been deleted from Wikipedia, but it has been preserved under the Bad Jokes And Other Deleted Nonsense, where unencyclopedic things that are worth keeping are kept.  For anybody who wants to read it, you can now find it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:This_Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense-related_article_is_a_stub._You_can_help_Wikipedia_by_expanding_it.#From_Brillant

• ♿ (Parody)

Although it didn't make the Wiki, there is one place you can now find it: a coffee mug.

As an aside, a nicely written article!

• @Alex Papadimoulis said:

Although it didn't make the Wiki, there is one place you can now find it: a coffee mug.

As an aside, a nicely written article!

Thanx! :)

-dZ.

(And thanks also to all those who edited it).