About to Blow Up

• CPound here with another true story.

This happened at one of the weekly company meetings when people were still filing in the room. The president and several high ranking managers were already seated. (Remember, these guys don't smile.) Anyways, the clown employee (every company has one) walks in rather late, lifts his arms at his sides and yells "I'm explosive baby! Cause I'm about to blow up!!!" He said this with a deep rapper voice, like something you might hear on one of those old Martin episodes. There was still some conversation going on in the room, and apparently I was the only one who heard this. Well, the guy does it again, this time much louder. "I'm about to blow up!!!"

The president slaps his hand down on the table, turns to the guy, and grits his teeth. "Get out. Now. GET OUT!!!"

Laughter filled the room as the guy walked out of the room. The president slapped his hand on the desk again and screamed "QUIET! I'll have no more of these shenanigans!"

There was still some snickering going on, namely myself, but I really don't care about the repercussions because hey, I'm a contractor and my assignment will be up with these people in a couple weeks. But pretty funny though. That rapper guy was completely humiliated. 

• I am somehow entirely unsurprised by the revelation that you work with morons.

• The fact that you were snickering along with others makes you no better than any of them.

• clown: moron.

president: moron. 

• I have a question. This may be better suited for the America vs. Europe thread, but I think it's applicable here too.

We all know how people in the US act. Loud, boisterous, comical, buffoon-like, etc. But what is it like in say, Germany? Or some other European country? Do they have people who waltz into meetings and yell things that make others cringe?

I'm thinking not. I'm an American, but I think Europeans are much more civilized and professional in their dealings. I can't even envision someone in England walking up to their coworker and saying "Whassup baby!" or some other nonsense.

• @newguy said:

The fact that you were snickering along with others makes you no better than any of them.

Uh, no. I don't know what kind of moral high horse you think you're on, but no.

That guy deserved to be laughed at and you know it. You're just taking the opposite side of the case (like you always do) just to spite me. If I were to say "up" you would say "down". If I say "yes" you say "no".

Your obvious ploys to be "opposite CPound" are so overdone. You should quit while people still have some respect for your opinions. 

• @newguy said:

We all know how people in the US act. Loud, boisterous, comical, buffoon-like, etc.

Wow. Everybody in the US? Every single person? Nice blanket statement. 

@newguy said:

I'm an American, but I think Europeans are much more civilized and professional in their dealings.

How did you come to this conclusion? Based on what evidence?

@newguy said:

I can't even envision someone in England walking up to their coworker and saying "Whassup baby!" or some other nonsense.

So you think obnoxious people are confined only to the US? You really need to get out more. Try stepping outside your mother's basement every now and then.

• @newguy said:

I have a question. This may be better suited for the America vs. Europe thread, but I think it's applicable here too.

We all know how people in the US act. Loud, boisterous, comical, buffoon-like, etc. But what is it like in say, Germany? Or some other European country? Do they have people who waltz into meetings and yell things that make others cringe?

I'm thinking not. I'm an American, but I think Europeans are much more civilized and professional in their dealings. I can't even envision someone in England walking up to their coworker and saying "Whassup baby!" or some other nonsense.

As a european (snickers) i would say that's absolute bollocks.
    If the meeting wasn't formal, i'm quite sure jokes would have been made.

I'm also quite sure that there have been very formal meetings where some moron thought it would be ok to make a joke.

However besides this, please note the fact that europe is not a country, and i could travel about 100km and be in a totally different culture, with different social norms and a different language.

• @stratos said:

However besides this, please note the fact that europe is not a country

You would be surprised at how many people in the US think Europe is a country. You would be even more surprised to know that many people in the US have never even heard of some European countries...or they confuse them.

Here are some comments I've heard: 

"Yeah, I wanna go to Austria and see the kangaroos!"

"I wouldn't want to go to Switzerland because all they have there are clogs and windmills. But I would go across the border for that great Greek food." 

Need I say more?!? 

• @newguy said:

@stratos said:

However besides this, please note the fact that europe is not a country

You would be surprised at how many people in the US think Europe is a country. You would be even more surprised to know that many people in the US have never even heard of some European countries...or they confuse them.

Here are some comments I've heard: 

"Yeah, I wanna go to Austria and see the kangaroos!"

"I wouldn't want to go to Switzerland because all they have there are clogs and windmills. But I would go across the border for that great Greek food." 

Need I say more?!?